Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Grand Summer Quiz Competition: Inquisition
Old 31 May 2009, 14:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Grand Summer Quiz Competition: Inquisition

Welcome, initiate, to the Inner Sanctum. Here, the committee will test your knowledge of our orders. If we deem your knowledge satisfactory, your progression towards the rank of Inquisitor will begin. Initiate, your tests begin, now.

Rules
  • Quiz is open now until the 31 June 2009 at 12 Midnight GMT.
  • Answer the questions to the fullest. If your unsure of an answer, take a guess (or just leave blank)!
  • Submit your answers to íRastafari Is!.
[br]
Questions

Easy Questions
These questions are worth 1 point each.
[list type=decimal][*]On what planet did Sister Ephrael Stern and Inquisitor Silas Hand fight a Q'tlahsi'issho'akshami ( a Keeper of Secrets)?[*]How many times has Brother-Captain Stern fought M'Kachen?[*]True or false. Are the Adepta Sororitas and the Sisters of Battle technically the same exact thing?[*]What Ordos does Inquisitor Lord Torquemada Coteaz hail from?[*]Saint Mina founded which of the six "greater" miltant order of the Sororitas?[*]Inquisitor Eisenhorn and his retinue have employed their own personal form of coded language. What is the name of this language?[*]Where was Sister Sabrina of the Order of the Ermine Mantle last seen and why is this important?[*]What Primarch did Brother Captain Aurellian fight on the planet of Armageddon?[*]What are Inquisitor Quixos two dameonhosts called? More specifically both of their names.[*]What are the common names given to the ships charged with collecting and transporting psykers?[/list]
Hard Questions
These questions are worth 3 points each.
[list type=decimal][*]Name the author to these words. "A single man with faith can triumph over a legion of the faithless. Untold billions of the faithful can never be opposed."[*]Inquisitor Antonia Mesmeron follows a peculiar school of Radicalism, name the school.[*]What are the Inquisitorial designation for the psychic twins whose powers are beyond measurement (the most dangerous psykers in the Imperium's memory) and the name of the Inquisitor that that led the team who found their icy tomb of a ship.[*]Based at the Bastion Serpentis, the Tyrantine Cabal is led by this Lord Inquisitor. Name this inquisitor and his Ordos. Hint: He wears an impassive golden mask.[*]The "Footsteps of Drusus" is a long established route that pilgrims follow to honor the fallen saint Drusus the Warrior. Name the planets at the start and end of the "Footsteps of Drusus" route.[/list]
Bonus Question
If this question is correct and all of the easy questions are answered correctly, it earns you a bonus of 5 points.
[list type=decimal][*]What revered saint was unusual in the fact that he was a psyker? Hint: He saved the minds of many by taking them into himself and transcribed their knowledge to the scholars of Canopus.[/list]
Rewards
As you can see, there are 30 points up for grabs in the quiz!
  • If you get all 30 points, you get a point of karma as well as a Gold Quiz Seal.
  • If you get 24 points or more, you earn a Silver Quiz Seal.
  • If you get 18 points or more, you earn a Bronze Quiz Seal.
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2009, 20:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Grand Summer Quiz Competition: Inquisition

Can I ask for a little clarification on question 3? The answer is true or false which implies you're giving us a statement but instead you give us a question that is best answered with a Yes or a No.

So is it: True of False. The Adepta Soroitas and the Sisters of Battle are technically the same thing.

Or is it: Yes or No. Are the Adepta Sororitas and the Sisters of Battle technically the same exact thing?

But you don't want to know what he does with his left...
Twiggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2009, 20:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

That seems a wee bit pedantic. Either way, I'll know that...

• True=Yes
  • False=No

Cheers, and good luck!
Old 01 Jun 2009, 20:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj

Oooh Mr. Special, gets it stickied :P
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2009, 20:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Cause its important ;D
Old 01 Jun 2009, 21:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to Hairy Grim

Quote:
Originally Posted by íRastafari Is!
[*]Answer the questions to the fullest.
By this I'm guessing you mean to answer in 'full sentences', eg "yes, the thingy does do stuffs due to reasons" instead of just "yes"?
Old 01 Jun 2009, 23:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Or just all parts of the questions. In other words, if a question asks for a planet and the name of the uprising, make sure that you address all parts of the question. Don't worry, your entry is perfectly fine.
Old 02 Jun 2009, 05:37   #8 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deraj
Oooh Mr. Special, gets it stickied :P
Who asked you to post it yourself? I can shoot a Stickied Topic at any Board I want :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Grim
Quote:
[*]Answer the questions to the fullest.
By this I'm guessing you mean to answer in 'full sentences', eg "yes, the thingy does do stuffs due to reasons" instead of just "yes"?
Quote:
Or just all parts of the questions. In other words, if a question asks for a planet and the name of the uprising, make sure that you address all parts of the question. Don't worry, your entry is perfectly fine.
Despite this, I'll leave it up to the Quiz Master to decide whether or not the answers is eligible enough to be given points.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2009, 16:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I I just want to notify you of a recent change in the quiz timings:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Attention! It seems that I have failed to grasp the concept of Summer thus we will really run the Quiz the entire Summer so the TOGSQC will only end at the end of August 31st.
jimmy_mymail is offline   Reply With Quote