|26 Jun 2008, 11:33||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2008
[I hope this is the right sub-forum for this, it isn't really full blown fluff for the fluff board - but please move it if the Mods disagree I had a quick search but if this topic has been raised before, sorry sorry sorry :P]
The reason I want to play Inquisition is the potential for almost roleplaying with your Inquisitor(s) and his/her henchmen as you play your games.
Therefore I have come up with a bit of fluff for a few of my models. I will post this one up and if anyone is interested can always put up a couple more.
This is for a Mystic for my Daemonhunter Inq, the model is Malakev (the chap on the left http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...orignav=300808)
- An Auxiliary Scrivener Third Class, with responsibility for stationery and hygiene supplies, stationed on the Orbital Facility "Ophelia" on Beliaris IV.
- Encountered by Inquisitor Saine on the orbital facility during his investigation of the minor warp incursion known as the ““Ophelia” Incident”. Grudd was discovered, clutching a bloody knife, hiding in a lavatory cubicle on the 33rd sub-deck. Several deceased mutated crewman were identified collapsed on the tiles outside his cubicle. The Stormtrooper sergeant who discovered him described his appearance as “severely distressed, with some hysterical over-emotion”.
- Following standard protocol Scrivener Grudd was scheduled to be terminated as “Warp Contaminated”, along with the other dozen or so surviving crewmen, many of whom had undergone bizarre mutation.
- A matter of hours prior to Grudd’s scheduled termination a great clamour arose on the detention level of the Inquisitorial strike vessel, docked alongside the "Ophelia". Guards rushing to his cell found Grudd throwing himself violently against the bars alternately weeping hysterically, laughing madly and screaming “They are coming! The warp sharks are coming!” The guards notified Inquisitor Saine, who arrived quickly to interrogate Grudd in his cell. On seeing the stern face on the Inquisitor Grudd’s hysteria abated and he retreated, snivelling and crying, to his bunk and attempted to worm his way underneath it so as to hide. Saine watched his tubby figure get stuck under the bunk with an expression of disgust and was about to order his immediate termination when new alarms began to screech out all over the ship.
- The ensuing chaos is difficult to decipher but it appears that a tiny new warp rift had occurred within the facility and the vicious daemons known as “Screamers of Tzeentch” had poured into the narrow corridors. Vid-analysis of the security system aboard the “Ophelia” showed the remaining Inquisitorial Stormtroopers and Tech-Adepts aboard being devoured in moments by the lightning fast daemons. A rapid response force, led into the station by the Inquisitor himself, barely escaped back into the strike vessel, fighting through a blizzard of screaming daemons.
- Following the immediate naval bombardment and destruction of the cursed station Saine recruited Grudd to his permanent retinue. Although Grudd’s mental state has been irreparably damaged and he forever oscillates between absurd happiness and abject terror; his ability to predict daemonic incursions, or at least to react hysterically to their imminent arrival, has saved the Inquisitor’s life on numerous occasions.
- It should be noted that Inquisitor Saine still has some doubts over Grudd’s spiritual reliability after repeated exposure to daemons, and that Sergeant Marren Sheck (a Hospitaller-Quartermaster of the Death Korps of Krieg) is continuously in attendance close to the little Scrivener, his hand never far from the holster of his las-pistol.
|27 Jun 2008, 17:23||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Re: Henchmen Fluff
Awesome background info! I totally agree, inquisitors are very role playable characters especially with their henchmen. Having a short history like this makes the inquisitor and his retinue seem like a whole lot more than just a unit that you spent X number of points on.
I think your opponents will enjoy playing against you even more if they know about your inquisitor's history.
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Henchmen?||ilveIG159||The Inquisition||2||30 Apr 2008 03:01|
|Wtf henchmen||xShaperx||The Inquisition||10||29 Mar 2008 05:30|
|What happened to the henchmen?||Vendak||The Inquisition||13||12 Mar 2008 16:02|
|inquisitor & henchmen||wonderboy||The Inquisition||6||29 Sep 2005 03:45|
|ARES and his Henchmen||USMC_Diablo||Conversion||30||14 Oct 2004 19:33|