Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Which deploys last? "Word in Your Ear", "Grand Illusion", or "Macharian Cross"
Old 24 Dec 2007, 00:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Which deploys last? "Word in Your Ear", "Grand Illusion", or "Macharian Cross"

The Callidus Assassin's "Word in Your Ear", the Necron Deceiver's "Grand Illusion", and an Imperial Guard Officer's "Macharian Cross" all allow the player to move units after both sides have deployed but before the first turn starts.

So if I have a Grey Knights army with Inducted Imperial Guard, and have both a Callidus Assassin and an IG officer with a Macharian Cross (which I do), and I am fighting a Necron army with a Deceiver, who goes last? second? first?

This fight will be happening New Year's Eve and I am wondering about this :-\
davidgr33n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2007, 07:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Which deploys last? "Word in Your Ear", "Grand Illusion", or "Macharian Cros

I'm going out on a limb but I'd say dice off on who goes just like deploying, infiltrating, or turns.

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2007, 17:21   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Which deploys last? "Word in Your Ear", "Grand Illusion", or "Macharian Cross"

I was wondering about that myself David. Unless someone knows the actual ruling I would do the following:

1) Try and call GW later this week and ask. Though most likely they'll out for the rest of the week.

2) If nothing else either try and work it out with your opponent in some fashion, or just roll dice.

Hope this helps some,
-Chordelis
Old 26 Dec 2007, 01:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Which deploys last? "Word in Your Ear", "Grand Illusion", or "Macharian Cross"

Yes, it makes the most sense to have a dice roll off, since there are no specifics concerning this in the rules (that I have seen).

Thanks
davidgr33n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2007, 05:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Which deploys last? "Word in Your Ear", "Grand Illusion", or "Macharian Cros

Please do not make the same topic more than once over separate boards.