Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Death Watch Kill Team (for actual Kill Team) HELP.
Old 29 Nov 2007, 10:03   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Death Watch Kill Team (for actual Kill Team) HELP.

Hi Everyone,

I'm a complete noob to these forum sites so please bear with me if i mess up. sorry...

i have recently started a campaign and in a sub section of the game we are required to use a kill team in order to discover the strength of an army we will face in a later game of proper 40k.

I run Deamonhunters/witch hunters as my main 40k army (preferably grey knights lead by a grand master). However, i have a few death watch shoulder pad sprues spare and would like to field a death watch kill team to use in the kill team section.

i have not found a section yet for death watch kill team in this forum.

so heres my plea,

please give me some advice in creating an awsome kill team that does not break too many rules.

Thank you for your help.
Gabriel666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2007, 12:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Death Watch Kill Team (for actual Kill Team) HELP.

First off welcome to the forums. Second theres two ways to field a Death Watch Kill-team in Kill-team, the Kill-team itself sans the Brother Captain or by using codex Marines with the Death Watch veteran upgrade. The former breaks a mutable law immediately as you can't field the Captain and without him you break the second law but you have kit you wouldn't otherwise have. The latter doesn't break any mutable laws right away but is more expensive for certain upgrades but has a wider selection due to choosing from the armory.

Personally I'd choose from the Death Watch Kill-Team if for the weapon options. How can you go wrong with a flamer for half price or 4 points off a plasma gun? Here's a one I just thought of:

Death Watch Kill-Team
6 Death Watch Marines
Veteran
4 Kraken loadouts
Flamer
Plasma gun

You've got the 4 AP4 bolters, a flamer, & a plasma gun just in case of trouble & still have 11 attacks if you've been charged, 13 if you charge, though you haven't got a power weapon. In the end its just the second mutable law thats broken & 10 points to the enemy for that firepower seems fair to me.

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2007, 00:19   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

thank you trux,

that was an awsome help. i see what you mean by just ignoring mutable rule 2. ive been tinkering on the list and have made one i like but would like to know what the down fall sof it are. in this list i give the brute leader 20pts and 2 extra squads.

1 x Veteran
+ Power Weapon
4 x Death Watch Space Marines
+ Heavy Bolter with Hellfire ammo and suspensors
+ 3 x Kraken Rounds

155pts
Old 05 Dec 2007, 07:58   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ok,

there are a few lists for a kill team that i have made. with a grey knight list being the most straight forward. so i was wondering what other effective lists people can come up with concerning the army lists of the inquisition (witch Hunter/ Daemon Hunters/ Death watch).

please share as i am still searching for an effictive kill team list that doesnt break too many rules.

Thank you, ;D
Old 05 Dec 2007, 09:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

In addition to the Death Watch Kill team I originally came up with these for Inquisition based Kill-Teams. I never got a chance to try them out as no one at my GW store wants to try kill team so hopefully they'll get a chance somewhere else. As you can see I like template weapons a lot.

All the lists equal 160 exactly. On the ISTs you can drop the bionics for kit if you want. They just fit the remainder of the points perfectly though you could up grade the hell pistol to a bolt pistol & grab something for 5 points. I just do not like to have a few points left over that I can't use.

The only one to break rules are the Seraphim as they have 2 S8 weapons.

Daemonhunters

Kill-Team
10 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers
Veteran
Thunderhammer
Bionics
Plasma Gun
Flamer

5 Grey Knights
4 Storm bolters
Incinerator

Witch Hunters

Kill-Team
5 Seraphim w/vet. superior
Power Weapon
2 Twin-Inferno Pistols

6 Celestians w/vet. superior
Eviscerator
Heavy Flamer
Meltagun
Imagifer
Book of St. Lucius

Alien Hunters (Death Watch Kill Team)

Kill-Team
6 Death Watch Marines
Veteran
6 Kraken loadouts

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Old 18 Dec 2007, 06:37   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

hey, Trux

Thanks for all the help. i ran the original list you came up with and it distroyed the brutes HARD!!

i'm not surprised to see the grey knight list so naked.

by the way, my mate was so annoyed that i was sniping all his brute squads (Gaunts) that he threatened to use a dreadnaught as his kill team!!

LOL
Old 18 Dec 2007, 19:26   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Thats great Gabriel. Glad to see you did so well.

Yeah Knights are really point heavy so they were somewhat restricted.

Hmm a dread you say? I wonder what the plasma gun will have to say about that.