Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

"Pure" Inquisition
Old 05 Nov 2007, 14:44   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: "Pure" Inquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Phyco Guy
Ah so it's only one model. But say the vehicle moves and say you go to fire a plasma gun. Does it count as the model moving?
Phyco Guy,

You do indeed count as moving, thus heavy weapons cannot fire. However: Your Plasmaguns can doubletap to 12", while your meltas/flamers/grenade launchers are all assault weapons. Mo problems here.
No: You may fire with two models as per current rules. AS I pointed out above the Inquisition codexii are still RAW for 3rd ed. 4th ed. firepoint rules on the rhino state that they have two points that can each allow one firer. (As per Codex: Space Marines) Thus a rhino-mounted squad can proceed 12", pop the top, pop smoke, and still have two meltas blazing over the side!

Good times,
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2007, 18:04   #12 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Mole

A pure inquisition army has always been on my mind (and the bane of my bank balance!), it sounds like a cool idea, although personally I would use inducted guardsmen (To get access to some cheap infantry and heavy weapons), to provide cover for the storm troopers and so forth.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 05:00   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I've seen one but it didn't fair so well.

combination of bad rolls(calidus, I think thats the sneaky one that moves opponents models before game. got kill in hand to hand by 6 guardsmen) and tourny rules (4 turn games losses from earilier games were not replaced. Didnt help I had 2 russes) caused it to get wiped fairly easy. It is good but I think it needs some long range anti-tank firepower
-Better advise has never been spoken. It answers most rules questions we are forced to answer.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2007, 07:28   #14 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyboy
I've seen one but it didn't fair so well.

combination of bad rolls(calidus, I think thats the sneaky one that moves opponents models before game. got kill in hand to hand by 6 guardsmen) and tourny rules (4 turn games losses from earilier games were not replaced. Didnt help I had 2 russes) caused it to get wiped fairly easy. It is good but I think it needs some long range anti-tank firepower
Johnnyboy,

AN excellent point with an excellent answer. Contrary to popular belief the Exorcist is an Inquisition Tank, NOT a Sister of Battle Tank! Unlike an Immolator which is definitely an SOB tank and cannot be taken w/o them; the Exorcist can be seen alongside the Repressor as a proud vehicle of the Ordo Hereticus, and occasionally even the Adeptus Arbites. THis this fine vehicle fulfills it'sa role admirably.
Another oft-overlooked bit of fun is the much malaigned orbital strike. Though inaccurate, it's arrival can be carefully controlled. It can make a mess of players that enjoy the use of tank formations in cover to benifit from hull-down. ;D
Finally: Pentient Engines, while not Long-Range per se, can blast through evemy infantry and armor with ease so long as they are properly screened early on; and the priest led stormies with evicerators that usually accompany them are beautiful indeed!
FInally: If worst comes to worst and inquisitor can always bring a Land Raider to the table, and give it Blessed Hull. Nothing says long-ranged AT love like a pair of Twin-Lascannons and a hull immune to melta and rending weapons!

Just a few stray thoughts,
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2007, 03:09   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Polzinator Send a message via Yahoo to Polzinator

correct me if i'm wrong, Ged, but isn't the blessed hull upgrade only available to grey knight vehicles?

anyway, i too run a pure inquisitorial WH force and its the most fun army i've played with so far

Polzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2007, 09:10   #16 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Er blessed hull is a Black Templars upgrade that only effects lance weapons. The closest thing I can find at the moment would be sacred hull & thats nothing close to what was described. So did I over look something or is it an Imperial Armour upgrade?

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2007, 22:31   #17 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polzinator
correct me if i'm wrong, Ged, but isn't the blessed hull upgrade only available to grey knight vehicles?

anyway, i too run a pure inquisitorial WH force and its the most fun army i've played with so far
Blessed is only available to Grey Knight Vehicles, but doesn't seem to offer the powers that Kytonus is suggesting.
Marid is offline   Reply With Quote