~Heavy
Exorcist
Blessed ammuntion
Extra armor/smokes

5 Retibutors
Veteran Superior
4 heavy bolters

Faith points = 7

The entire point of this is to abuse fire points to the max. As we know you can move 12" and still fire out of the fire points. so my main idea is on set up hide tanks behind terrain. (or as much as i can) race up using mostly 12" speed on my tanks as my immolator can still fire and there is nouthing really good on the rhino use the meltas to take out tanks upclose and flamers for hords of guys. keep my Exorcist in the back fireing and taking on a few light tanks or heavy infantry. and beside them my reributors.

Using faith points where needed.
I have half the weight
I will have five times the stamina
~those who never louse... always win~
Funshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2007, 00:56   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to NinjaFerret
Default Re: 1000 Point Holy

Whats the point of giving the Exorcist Blessed ammunition without giving it the pintle-mounted storm bolter? Since blessed ammo only works for storm bolters and heavy bolters? I would give one of the rhinos the blessed ammo or the exorcist the pintle-mounted storm bolter
NinjaFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2007, 01:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Funshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaFerret
Whats the point of giving the Exorcist Blessed ammunition without giving it the pintle-mounted storm bolter? Since blessed ammo only works for storm bolters and heavy bolters? I would give one of the rhinos the blessed ammo or the exorcist the pintle-mounted storm bolter
Klkn i forgot thats how it worked... chances are ill just replace it with a hunter killer missle

EDIT strike that i thought killer missles where better. ill give some purity seals to the HQ squad and to one of the battle sisters.

But besides that how do you think the list will do?
I have half the weight
Old 21 Jun 2007, 03:32   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to NinjaFerret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaFerret
Klkn i forgot thats how it worked... chances are ill just replace it with a hunter killer missle

EDIT strike that i thought killer missles where better. ill give some purity seals to the HQ squad and to one of the battle sisters.

But besides that how do you think the list will do?
I think it will do quite well. I ran something similar to this in a 1k point game. Though i had a jet pack cannoness and a domnion squad in place of your celestian squad. And i didnt use rhinos but separhim. But yeah i think this will drive them crazy. if you get a good starting position for you rets' then you are having them concentrate fire on your rhinos and stuff making them live longer so the smaller numbers wont matter. I have posted a 1500 point list and i think a 1k but im not sure you should check them out if you havent already. Its similar to this. its made to get up in the face of the enemy.
NinjaFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2007, 14:39   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
I would give one of the rhinos the blessed ammo or the exorcist the pintle-mounted storm bolter
I suggest never giving the exorcist a pintle-mounted storm bolter just for the fact that it's usually shooting tanks or HQs that are 36+" away, and the pintle will never reach it.

On the Immolator, I would drop the Promethium because it SHOULD cause 25% anyways against most enemies if it gets the chance to shoot. Also, add members to the retributors squad. You need people to take the shots and die so you don't lose heavy bolters after 2 wounds. Also, losing 2 models is 25%, which is pathetic. It would be very dissapointing to watch 3 heavy bolters run off the map after one guy shoots at the squad. Other than that, all I can say is be careful. I tried something like this against tau in a 500-pt game with storm troopers in the Rhino and I got nuked to all hell, but in the end they are tau. Just use cover as much as possible and use smokes wisely. Good Luck!
DTenEyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2007, 18:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTenEyck
Quote:
I would give one of the rhinos the blessed ammo or the exorcist the pintle-mounted storm bolter
I suggest never giving the exorcist a pintle-mounted storm bolter just for the fact that it's usually shooting tanks or HQs that are 36+" away, and the pintle will never reach it.

On the Immolator, I would drop the Promethium because it SHOULD cause 25% anyways against most enemies if it gets the chance to shoot. Also, add members to the retributors squad. You need people to take the shots and die so you don't lose heavy bolters after 2 wounds. Also, losing 2 models is 25%, which is pathetic. It would be very dissapointing to watch 3 heavy bolters run off the map after one guy shoots at the squad. Other than that, all I can say is be careful. I tried something like this against tau in a 500-pt game with storm troopers in the Rhino and I got nuked to all hell, but in the end they are tau. Just use cover as much as possible and use smokes wisely. Good Luck!
i get what your saying about the Promethium but I really do like it to much to take it off. and i play tau... i know how it will go down. my big idea for them is put my heavys down then let them but the hammerheads and/or Broadsides and then place my tanks on the other side or perfectly behind cover from them. if done correctly i rush 12" up pop smokes trying to avoide as much fire as possable. move annouther 12. now i can jump out and mow down some tau.
I have half the weight
Old 22 Jun 2007, 10:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
When reason to give the pintle-storm bolter to an Exorcist is to keep it alive for longer.
An immobilised vehicle with no weapons operational gives victory points to the enemy. So with the pintle the opponent needs two weapons destroyed and one immobilised to score instead of one weapons destreoyed and one immobilised.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 11:03   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontus
Quote:
When reason to give the pintle-storm bolter to an Exorcist is to keep it alive for longer.
An immobilised vehicle with no weapons operational gives victory points to the enemy. So with the pintle the opponent needs two weapons destroyed and one immobilised to score instead of one weapons destreoyed and one immobilised.
im sorry but math is my thing and mathematically that is Vary retarded. for some one to get ONLY a immobilized and a Weapon destroyed that means he have to roll a 5 and 4 or two 4 on the Bloody GLANCING table. if they roll a penetrating hit on your Exorcist there is a 50% chance it will die... you would have to be blessed by the gods to be immobilized and your weapon missing WITHOUT it dieing a horrible horrible death.

truthfully that would only happen and come in handy 1 out of about 15 games. and 1 out of annouther 30 games will thoes points make any diffrience.
I have half the weight
Old 22 Jun 2007, 11:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

@Funshade: Good point