Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question on the Immolatior????
Old 19 Mar 2007, 12:08   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Question on the Immolatior????

Hey Guys!

I play Imperal Guard along with Tau an now that my Tau army is almost fully built I thought I might start Witch Hunters. Not only because I like them but I can use my Guard in the army list as well. But I have a question first...

Under the Celestian Squad it says I can take a Immolatior as a Transport choice for the squad. Now does that also count as a Heavy suppor choice as well since it is in the Heavy section of the book, or would it just be counted as a transport?

Im new to the Which hunters an know not much about them as I never really got a good look at the codex so Im not sure. Thanks for the help!
AdmiralClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2007, 13:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: Question on the Immolatior????

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralClarke
Under the Celestian Squad it says I can take a Immolatior as a Transport choice for the squad. Now does that also count as a Heavy suppor choice as well since it is in the Heavy section of the book, or would it just be counted as a transport?

Im new to the Which hunters an know not much about them as I never really got a good look at the codex so Im not sure. Thanks for the help!
Heya,

The transport option for the Immolator never takes up a Heavy slot. It occupies the same slot as the unit that purchases it. That applies to any unit with a transport option that includes the immolator. The only time the Immolator is a heavy support choice, is if you purchase it separately, not as a transport.

We all start somewhere. No worries. And taking WH as an ally to your I.G. is a great thing. Very fun, adds flavor, and helps you in a few departments to step up your game.

Cheers,
Old 19 Mar 2007, 13:40   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for the help. Im not used to having a transport as a heavy support choice so this is new to me. Im sorry to be a pain but know that I know they can be counted as a transport I went back to look at the rules an came up with a couple more question.

First: Its says with the twin heavy flamers I can move a full 12" an still fire them. What if I upgrade it to a twin heavy bulter can it still move 12" an fire?

Second: If I did take the immolator as a heavy choice it says it can carry up to 6 models. Can this be any 6 models even the ones that dont have a transport option? So can I put a unit of Sisters Repentia, or Retribution squad?

Last: If I tanke guard in a Witch Hunters army does a IG Platoon count as Troop choice or do I still need to take a 2 full squads of Sisters as my troop choice?

Once again thanks for the help?
AdmiralClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2007, 14:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Heya,

No worries man; questions are good.

First - The Twin-HeavyFlamers are special. That 12" move & still fire only works with the Flamer. It's why it's called the Immolator. If you upgrade the gun (I recommend against this), you can't move 12" and fire still. It's only the big flamer.

Second - If you take the Immolator as a heavy support, it will allow you to transport any unit that has the correct squad size and is legal to be transported. That can be nearly anything. But, some units can't be transported (no models in Terminator armor, ArcoFlagellants cannot ride in transports, Repentia can never be transported either... this is in their special rules in their profiles). But you can transport other units, including Retributors, Celestians, Inquisitors, whatever you have that is allowed to get in a vehicle--they can all be transported (only ones that specifically state they may not, may not, which I just listed).

Last - If you ally the I.G., an infantry platoon will be a Troop selection, however, it will not be a compulsory troop selection. You still must take compulsory from the WitchHunter codex (2 Troops), so you will need two units of Sisters (or StormTroopers), then you may fill in any number of Troops with allied I.G. units to your leisure.

You're quite welcome. Don't be shy to ask more

Cheers,