Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Starting WH again
Old 24 Feb 2007, 19:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Polzinator Send a message via Yahoo to Polzinator
Default Starting WH again

I'vebeen thinking of startng up witch hunters again but this time going for an all inquisitorial theme (mainly because Toastmaster has all my Battle Sisters :P).
I know i want priests with eviscerators leading squads of stormtroopers with shotguns, at least one squad of arco flagellants, and a vindicare assassin. I've been toying with the idea of adding space marines in as well.
umm... lets go for 1500 points

i've got some questions though.
1. I love the Divine Pronouncement power. What would be an effective set up for my inquisitor lord with this power?
2. How effective would it be to mechanize the stormtroopers? (or the entire army for that matter)

basically i need some help coming up with a list that includes the above units.
thanks in advance

Polzy

Polzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2007, 19:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant
Default Re: Starting WH again

well divine prouncement would work with a static inqusitor lord with heavy bolter servitors, this would keep enemies far way enough so you don't get assaulted or shot up.

mechanzied storm troopers would work just make sure you have plenty of anti-tank in the army due to lack of anti-tank weapons in the witch hunters arsenal.

eviscerators with storm troopers w/ shotguns would work well, it would almost nulify the pirests ability that says even if they don't move they count as moving. seeing as you are using shotguns you don't have to worry! it would also have a nice assault punch to it because of the priest!

i think your list would work well.
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2007, 20:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polzinator
i've got some questions though.
1. I love the Divine Pronouncement power. What would be an effective set up for my inquisitor lord with this power?
2. How effective would it be to mechanize the stormtroopers? (or the entire army for that matter)

basically i need some help coming up with a list that includes the above units.
thanks in advance
Heya,

If you want Inquisitorial WH, I highly suggest SpaceMarine allies. They'll give you staying power and firepower that you will seriously lack. From there, you get to have fun with Inquisitors, Arcs, Assassins, StormTroopers, Priests and Zealots. Marines just form that backbone.

1 - Divine Pronouncment is effective against non-fearless average leadership units. Your Inq. and his effectiveness with it tells you nothing because it does nothing, unless it's used against an appropriate enemy. If you're using it against Chaos, you're not doing anything. If you're hitting Necrons, you're likely not doing anything (Ld10). If you're hitting Guardsmen, any Tau units and some space marines without a Vet or Master on the field, then yes, you can get some decent use of the power. It's utterly worthless against fearless and Ld9~10 armies though. It only begins to work against Ld8 armies that are not fearless. Consider who you face. Then think about if this is what you want or not. In short--it's not worth it unless you're playing against I.G. and Tau (and even then, these armies can easily just blow you off the board before you can use this power... it's really low range).

2 - StormTroopers and mechanization can work, if you use Chimeras. Rhinos work too, but you're spending a lot of points for nonscoring stuff that has no firepower. Stormtroopers are not that resilient at all, and rather expensive for what you're truly getting (compared to sisters for example). So at best, take 6 man ST teams with 2 weapons of choice. If you want them mechanized, use Chimeras for the added heavy weapons. At least get something if you're going to spend points on a transport for example. ST's should rarely ever actually be in the transport because it will likely blow up and they'll be cat food after that. Just walk them around and hunt. They're not a front line troop. They're a pot-shot-then-die unit. I would take 2 squads for compulsory and no more. After that, get Zealots and SpaceMarines.

Cheers!
Old 25 Feb 2007, 14:48   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

what are zealots?

Old 25 Feb 2007, 15:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
what are zealots?
A chapter approved unit. Think of extremely cheap little hordes of weenies who have access to all kinds of weapons including up to 4~5 eviscerators in a mob of 20 little warm bodies. Very cheap. Less than half the cost of a sister of battle. The cannot be taken as compulsory, but the other 4 troop slots can be Zealots. So up to 80 in a list. They're quite fantastic as a horde and effective too. Priests can be attached to them too.

If interested, try and get your hands on whitedwarf 292 or 293 I think; see the FAQ above, it's listed up there both in US and UK issue numbers to confirm or correct the numbers I just put here.

Cheres,
Old 25 Feb 2007, 19:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I found the rules for them. lets just say i've got a new favorite unit! thanks for all the help ;D

Old 25 Feb 2007, 19:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
I found the rules for them. lets just say i've got a new favorite unit! thanks for all the help ;D
GW should hire me (at least so I could turn them down, hah).

;D

They truly are a great and fun unit. Convert yours up and get to crusading! Just a word of warning though--take it easy on the upgrades and eviscerators. The upgrades are expensive, very much so. You'll take a cheap squad and make it 200 points if you're not careful. I prefer 14~16 Zealots, with two Eviscerators (sometimes one of which is a priest, to allow penitent engines or arcos, etc). Sometimes I don't even bother with Eviscerators though and just use them to take up space. Wonderful little buggers in Cities of Death.... wonderful I say!

Cheers,
Old 25 Feb 2007, 23:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

yes i just had a fun experience with the zealots. a squad of 20 with 4 fanatics a demagouge and a priest . a total of 6 guys with eviscerastors

they took out a squad of 8 marines and 3 assault marines and imoblilized a rhino.

very fun!
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2007, 02:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I love hordes with hidden powerfists ;D