Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

just a quick question
Closed Thread
Old 27 Jun 2006, 01:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default just a quick question

Yeah, I started WH about two days ago, bought myself a troop box, some blisters, and a canoness. The problem is, my canoness is holding an inquisitorial =I=, and I don't know if it does anything or not (she's the model with the combi-bolter).

So could you tell me if that =I= does anything, or if it's just there to look pretty?
Old 27 Jun 2006, 03:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: just a quick question

well first off... my canoness doesnt have an =I=...

also it only does something if you purchase something from the armoury that it could represent such as inquisitiorial mandate.

also most likely it is just there for show. she has it along with other sisters, inquisitors, and grey knights because it means inquisition which is their "army".

but i would suggest buying another troop box and posting a list... if yuo make a 500pts army list i could help you... also if yuo want to see what my canoness has then just look at my 1500pt list.
Old 27 Jun 2006, 04:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Seto

Um, you probolly got the Inquistor and not the Caoness. From my understanding Caonesses do not have any Inquisitor logos on them.
Old 27 Jun 2006, 04:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by InquisitorSpacePuppy
Yeah, I started WH about two days ago, bought myself a troop box, some blisters, and a canoness. The problem is, my canoness is holding an inquisitorial =I=, and I don't know if it does anything or not (she's the model with the combi-bolter).

So could you tell me if that =I= does anything, or if it's just there to look pretty?
Some old 2nd edition blisters had features such as that. It's possible you picked up a very old Cannoness. Did the packaging look old and dingy?
Either way, don't worry about it. It's just there to look pretty

Cheers!
Old 27 Jun 2006, 04:16   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

It can be abstract and represent anything depending on how liberal your gaming group is--but usually, that kind of stuff is cool for representing less-concrete stuff that gives bonuses like the Book of St. Lucius.

And, just so you know, you got the Canoness I wanted!
Old 27 Jun 2006, 04:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Seto

Oh, that would be cool. I much search the Online Store for one of those.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 04:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX
Quote:
Originally Posted by InquisitorSpacePuppy

Some old 2nd edition blisters had features such as that. It's possible you picked up a very old Cannoness. Did the packaging look old and dingy?
Either way, don't worry about it. It's just there to look pretty

Cheers!
Thanks. I knew it wasn't an inquisitor ( it says canoness on the blister) but i figured it was really old seeing as how the store I bought it from hadn't ordered any new items since 3rd edition ended.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 11:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah it's the second edition Canoness you've got their. I have that one too. Letting the =I= represent a Book of St Lucius is a great idea. By the way all Sister have a similar symbol usually attached with a string of beads around there waist.
The harder part is the combi-weapon as it's not a very good equipment choice for a Canoness... especially so the bolter-flamer that she caries. Is easy to convert by chopping of the flamer tip and putting a meltagun one there instead.

I think I would to this instead... chip of the magazine of the bolter part and the front of the entire gun making it shorter, then adding a meltagun nozzle and a little stump of plastic rod above that can be painted as a red-dot sight... you know have a Infernopistol.

The =I= should then be converted to a closecombat weapon, you could chop it of and put another weapon from you're bitzbox.. or use the =I= as a handle for maybe an axe or a flail adding a ball and chain or eve a few of them. This will now be you re Blessedweapon.

Then you need to either steal the backpack from a seraphim or convert the one you have for a jumppack.

Now you have a Canoness with a good kit of infernopistol, blessedweapon and jumppack. Very useful.

I'm converting that model for an Inquisitor.. so far giving her a Powerstake instead of a =I= and an infernopistol as described above. I ve also changed her hair for some dreadlooks. And filed of any wings and fleur-de-lys symbols.
Old 01 Jul 2006, 02:41   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontus
Yeah it's the second edition Canoness you've got their. I have that one too. Letting the =I= represent a Book of St Lucius is a great idea. By the way all Sister have a similar symbol usually attached with a string of beads around there waist.
The harder part is the combi-weapon as it's not a very good equipment choice for a Canoness... especially so the bolter-flamer that she caries. Is easy to convert by chopping of the flamer tip and putting a meltagun one there instead.

I think I would to this instead... chip of the magazine of the bolter part and the front of the entire gun making it shorter, then adding a meltagun nozzle and a little stump of plastic rod above that can be painted as a red-dot sight... you know have a Infernopistol.

The =I= should then be converted to a closecombat weapon, you could chop it of and put another weapon from you're bitzbox.. or use the =I= as a handle for maybe an axe or a flail adding a ball and chain or eve a few of them. This will now be you re Blessedweapon.

Then you need to either steal the backpack from a seraphim or convert the one you have for a jumppack.

Now you have a Canoness with a good kit of infernopistol, blessedweapon and jumppack. Very useful.

I'm converting that model for an Inquisitor.. so far giving her a Powerstake instead of a =I= and an infernopistol as described above. I ve also changed her hair for some dreadlooks. And filed of any wings and fleur-de-lys symbols.
I think she'll do just fine how she is. I used her against my bro's tanks today (I think it's a meltagun, I don't see that gas tank like a flamer) and she did okay. He let me use the =I= as a power weapon (it really didn't matter, most of his saves that game were 5+ anyway)
Old 01 Jul 2006, 23:06   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
I think she'll do just fine how she is. I used her against my bro's tanks today (I think it's a meltagun, I don't see that gas tank like a flamer) and she did okay. He let me use the =I= as a power weapon (it really didn't matter, most of his saves that game were 5+ anyway)
Theres a tank on her back with a hose going too it.