Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Obsidian Guard
Closed Thread
Old 30 Aug 2005, 11:29   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Obsidian Guard

I was thinking and this idea came into my head. Although the fluff is now where near complete, and might have some holes in it, I thought I might post this up for you guys to use as inspiration/just to use. Anyway, please let me know what you guys think of it. Btw, if this gets a good responce, I might do some more for you guys.

The Obsidian 8th

Origins
Every Obsidian guardsmen originates from a single world, Obsidian Minor. The world itself is not much more then a barren rock upon the surface, eternally in the shadow of the world Obsidian Major. Although cold and unforgiving on the surface, the humans there have managed to make a living through burying deep into the rock of the world. There, they have settled for thousands of generations, with records which date back to before the Horus Heresy. Although recently discovered and was undoubtly overlooked when Obsidian 4 was turned into a prison world. Obsidian Minor was reclaimed in His name when they were first encountered in late .m38 when Explorator Julcin sent a team there to search for mineral deposits. Since then, the world has turned out a few good regiments, namely the Obsidian 1st, 4th, 5th and 9th.

Appearance
The Obsidian people are quite often pale in complexition, and due to their living conditions, are often slightly shorter and stockier then the average guardsmen. Remarkably well kept despite the lack of clean living conditions, their clothes are often stained pitch black naturally due to the black rock within which they make their living. However, the dress uniforms of the Obsidian PDF is a deep blue, with trimming of yellow, which is amazing that the average Obsidian Guardsmen sees yellow as a very unlucky colour.

Remarkable Traits
Due to the near continual time down in the prison complex and on their native world, the average Obsidian Guardsmen has remarkable hearing and smell, which makes up for their lack of good eyesight. A biproduct of their training allows them to perform remarkably well in ship guard duties and boarding actions should a vessel carrying Obsidian come under direct attack.

Tithe/Duties
Obsidian Minor currently has a tithe of just one regiment raised there every 30 years, whose primary duties had been to serve as guards in the prison of Obsidian 4. It is there that they have to make extensive use of Chimera transports since the wide open streets between prison blocks makes foot-born responce almost impossible. On the few occasions when a few prison blocks have rioted and maked to break free, the Obsidian Guard have responded with near brutal effeciency, slaughtering the rioters almost to a man. It must be said that it was not until late .M38 that the Adeptus Administratum saw the qualties that they possess would make them ideal troops given the right circumstances.
[hr]

Doctrines
* Mechanised
* Restricted Troops: Abhumans
* Subs
* Nightsiders
* Conscripts
Old 30 Aug 2005, 11:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin
Default Re: Obsidian Guard

sounds awesome rezzy... i like the fluff behind them... sounds alot like my cygnarians cept they're based on an agriworld.
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 30 Aug 2005, 12:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Tefnik: That was FT not rezzy..... *slaps tefnik with power fist*

FT:
Looks great... I like the idea of the homeworld being underground civilisation

A cool senario you might make fro them is a Riot or prison breakout mission
Old 30 Aug 2005, 12:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

:-\sorry FT :-\ that'll teach me foe replying to two posts at once eh???
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 30 Aug 2005, 14:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

wow. that is pretty neat. you could give them drop troops, cause in the codex, it says that it could count as giant tunneling machines...
any way, these guys look awesome

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Closed Thread