Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

themes of armies.
Closed Thread
Old 27 Aug 2005, 01:48   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default themes of armies.

what themes do you use for your gaurd? I use my gaurd as junk collecters and stealers. thier called "the collecters."

Old 27 Aug 2005, 02:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: themes of armies.

My force is the 5th Trillian Rifle Regiment.

They are lead by the honourable Lord Commander Adrian Durahan.

The Trillian Guard are known for their close ties to Cadia and for their incredible skills in city-fighting.

Hail Olianus Pious! Patron Saint of the Imperial Guard! Savior of the Emperor!
Old 27 Aug 2005, 02:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Well there are 6 different themes for my catachans, all derive from the main force but there are several elements to it

Main force- Catachan 2nd squadron "Dark Devils"
Half Squadron- Catachan 2nd "Shaded Devils"
Patrol force (Lt. Logan)- Recon squad "Night raiders"
Patrol force (Lt. Karver)- Intel patrol Alpha
Patrol force (Lt. Lassiter)- Intel patrol Bravo
Sentinel Squadron- 2nd Sentinel Recon force
Infiltration team (Lt. Ramondo), i dont have a name for this yet.

But my basic theme revolves around gurilla tactics and stealthy approaches

Old 27 Aug 2005, 03:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

yeah the collecters are famed through the imperium for being very sneaky. they have a combat doctrine that is called "shadow hunter" they mainly use high ground cover and are excellent city fighters. they are a cadian regiment and will grow to be a independent leage of warriors with thier own world. they like to use lots of tanks and sentinels and all of them use battle gear "looted" from the enemys dead bodies.

Old 27 Aug 2005, 04:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I've developed a considerable amount of background for my regiment, the Alterain 1st. This is a general outline.

The Imperium launched a crusade to recapture a subsector that had fallen to chaos. During the crusade a chaos counterattack broke through the attackers space blockades and invaded several worlds along the Eastern fringe. One of the worlds was Alteria, and several Imperial Guard regiments were sent so defend it.

Badly outnumbered, the Guard regiments desperately defended the major industrial and population centers in hopes reinforcements. Imperial tacticians deemed the world to difficult to defend without compared to how much the campaign would weaken the main push of the crusade, so they abandoned the world.

Most of the troop carriers had been destroyed in attacks by Chaos warships so the Imperium simply ceased shipping supplies to the doomed planet.

Cut off from aid, the Guard and PDF prepared to sell their lives as dearly as possible when helped suddenly arrived from an unexpected source. A large Tau expeditionary force entered the star system and immediately began driving back the Chaos warships. Upon the discovery of Imperial forces on the planet a quick alliance was formed until the Chaos threat was eliminated.
The Tau reinforcements led to a swift victory over the invading Chaos forces. The planet and Guard regiments were naturally grateful to the Tau for saving them and bore quite a bit of ill will towards the Imperium for their abandonment. Alteria agreed to join the Tau Empire.

This still left the problem of what to do with the Guard regiments who were still several thousand strong. The Tau often made use of Gue'vassa in their armies, but the sheer number of Guardsmen prevented them from being effectively dispersed throughout the hunter cadres.

Lieutenant Drakon Thanar, a member of the Randoshan 17th, pioneered the idea of fully independent regiments of human soldiers fighting in the Tau army. The idea was eventually accepted and the Alterian 1st was born. The former guardsmen were given the option of joining the PDF, retiring from military service, or joining the newly formed regiment. Thousands of them chose to fight for their new cause. Alteria keeps the regiment well supplied with Imperial weaponry and new recruits.
For his role in creating the regiment, Drakon was given the rank of major in charge of a battalion.

The entire regiment is mounted in chimeras. The regiment is capable of fighting without the support of Tau hunter cadres, but generally serves as a spearhead because they excel at close quarters combat. When serving as a spearhead they are often accompanied by large numbers of Kroot mercenaries who back up the assault portions of the army. Ultra mobile Tau hunter cadres will operate using the Alterians as a battle line. Squads of crisis suits, stealth suits, and broadside fire are called in to deal with powerful threats encountered by the advancing Kroot and humans. Armored formations of Devilfish mounted fire warriors and Hammerheads are used to smash columns of enemy troops moving to reinforce the front, flank troublesome defensive strongholds, or race ahead to seize important objectives. The synergy of the three forces is powerful, but takes careful management and communication.

The assault portion of the army consists of small squads of five or six Ogryns mounted in chimeras equipped with heavy flamers. The assault squads back the Ogryns up with flamers and fusion blasters.

If the assault portion falters, then the standard line troopers are capable of fighting in close combat, though they prefer to follow along behind and rapid fire everything in sight to death. They are equipped with Tau carapace armor, lasguns modified by the Tau for increased power (hellguns), and the special weapons of choice are plasma rifles; the same kind used by Tau crisis battle suits, but modified to be hand held. Their chimeras follow along side the squads and provide fire support.

Support for these units comes from Leman Russ', usually main battle tanks, but occasionally demolishers, conquerors, and vanquishers. There are no hellhounds or Leman Russ Exterminators as chimeras fill both roles. There are also a few five man squads stationed on orbiting ships. These small drop squads are each equipped with a pair of fusion guns and grav packs. Field commanders can call them in to drop on key targets, generally hidden artillery or directly behind tanks. In desperate situations they can be ordered to drop on infantry, but their effectiveness drops considerably.

Major Thanar takes the form of a sanction psyker with an honorifica Imperialis and a force weapon on the tabletop.
Doctrines
Sanctioned Psykers
Grenadiers
Storm Troopers
Carapace armor
Ogryns
Old 27 Aug 2005, 10:24   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

my brother hasimperial gaurd ;D ;D ill ask him what his name is
Old 27 Aug 2005, 11:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Honorifica Psychers rule!

Honestly, I've got so much different guard stuff that it really wouldn't all fit into one coherent fluffy unit. I have fluff for a light infantry drop pod force, fluff for a heavy weapons force, fluff for a sentinel-intensive force, fluff for a ogryn assault force, and models to list each one out (except the ogryns, only have 6 of them, so far, converting some fantasy ogres is my next project) to 2000 points.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 27 Aug 2005, 13:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
Honorifica Psychers rule!
I gotta be honest, I never even considered putting the honorrifica there.. what an awesome Idea.. Mine is on my Storm Trooper Vet Sergeant.

Hail Olianus Pious! Patron Saint of the Imperial Guard! Savior of the Emperor!
Old 27 Aug 2005, 15:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I will say that he doesn't do to well against marines because of their high toughness. But when he's rolling well he is deadly. In one game he killed Baharoth, a Farseer, and a striking scorpion exarch. That makes up for the other two games where he managed to kill a single grey hunter. He's a lot of fun because most people don't expect him, and once he kills some massively expensive character with a lucky hit people become a bit too cautious around him. Or at least my brother does, he's the only person I've played with my guard.
Old 27 Aug 2005, 21:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

I control the Josar 13th. A devout elite guard force that fights with discpline an orderly ranks. They often fight alongside the Ordo Malleus as they tend to be very resitant of the dark powers. They tend to be led by an inquisitor.