Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Blind Faith
Closed Thread
Old 14 Sep 2004, 01:25   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Blind Faith

I was recently discussing with a friend that the Imperium is amoral, and this got me thinking, can humanity survive in the 41st millenium without being monitered by crazies such as the inquisition? Is blind faith the only thing protecting humanity from falling to the Chaos Gods?
I also noticed that the Tau empire has auxiliaries(human) that follow the greater good. Does this mean that humans don't need fanatacism to survive, or is it the drive to further the Greater Good takes the place of faith in the Emperor and Crazy Inquisitors.

-Radeon, Priest-King of Armydia
Old 14 Sep 2004, 01:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to epc-Felix
Default Re: Blind Faith

The Drive for Balance and perfection is what drives the the warmachine of the Tau, but i think blind faith is what Drives the crumbling war Machine of the Imperium
Old 14 Sep 2004, 01:52   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The reason I ask is that I want to make an "Imperial" Guard army that is independant of the Imperium and has close ties to the Tau, but not enough that they want to join the Tau Empire (thus occaisional headbutting). If these Guard are somewhere in between Tau and The Imperium, how do they survive in a Chaotic galaxy.

It's really more of a fluff question

Old 14 Sep 2004, 02:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

it says in the Tau codex how the IG left behind in the Demacleus crusade feel about the Tau and the Imperium. In my opinion i think they would become there own race so to speak and if they were to come under attack the Tau there close Allies would be there to help defened them.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 02:12   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

that sounds like an approach I would like to take with it, thanx you've helped me flesh out a few things... and just for kicks O0

Old 14 Sep 2004, 05:44   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

there are also alot of worlds out there that have either been cut off form the Imperium or just have never been rediscovered. Remeber, the Great Crusade was an attempt to unite mankind but it got cut kinda short. Some worlds only know of the Imperum as a distant rumour, some not even that. It's quite possible to have a world that is seperate.

Old 14 Sep 2004, 10:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

but if the imperium finds out "cleanse the impure my brothers" and byby splinter world. ;D
Old 14 Sep 2004, 13:20   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

40K is pretty much religious fanaticism taken to an extreme. Let it be a lesson to all to never take the words of others without questioning them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 14 Sep 2004, 17:52   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Take my Danitun Guard (who follow Khorne). They were cut off from the Imperium and were attacked by the Khorne Lord Arnell. During this battle, they lost their faith in the Emperor and pledged alliengence to Khorne.

You could do something similar, but replace Khorne with Tau, but make them seperate from the Tau in that they are still human and the few Tau colonies that they have contacted have shunned them and driven them away.
Old 21 Sep 2004, 19:00   #10 (permalink)
Fire Eater

ooo sounds juicy arnell tell me more

8)

Closed Thread