Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

battle cannon/demolisher
Closed Thread
Old 31 Jul 2005, 01:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default battle cannon/demolisher

simple question:

Battle Cannon (leman russ): can an Imp guard place the blast template and roll deviation? and does "Ordinance/Blast" mean BIG blast template? (if no, and no, im gonna strangle that Imp guy when i see him...)

Same question for Demolisher Gun.

see, ive got the Imp Codex, and ive d/l'd the FAQ, i searched the forum (a little)...but cant clear this up.. see a Tau Railgun specifically SAYS large blast for submunition.. and the Imp weasel (maybe) i played said "ordinance means large blast, AND indirect fire..."... but im PRETTY sure blast just means blast, and ordinance means ordinance penetration chart, and a ordinance/blast weapon means you still have to ROLL TO HIT to get a blast.. a miss is a blast template at the horizon... no deviation.. same as my Railgun Submunition....

could i get a quick confirmation?
Old 31 Jul 2005, 01:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy
Default Re: battle cannon/demolisher

hate to say it, but sou weren't screwed over. they have indirect fire with the large template.

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 01:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingolfin
they have indirect fire
the battle cannon and demolisher use the large blast templates, but no way do they fire indirect, you have to upgrade basilisks to do that, Russes have no option for that, as they are ordanance they do scatter D6 in a random direction, only a few forgeworld tanks can hit with thier BS such as the vanquisher. an indirect fire weapon is a Guess range weapon, i dont see a G before the demolisher or the battle cannon stats in the codex, so hope that helps, in future i'd suggest to ask to look at his codex to make sure...
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 31 Jul 2005, 03:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

oh i DID look in the Codex... this was one of those things....
old ver vs new ver terminology.
Barrage weapons was the new term, meaning 'place the template wherever you want, roll to deviate'.. but, dangit, the old codex books dont call them that, do they? new terms for blast is 'blast or LARGE blast' while the words blast means whatever in old codex's

i can live with the large template on a stoopid tank gun... im VERY happy they have to follow line of sight/BS roll rules... which was my main gripe....

"ok, my Leman Russ's gun is gonna fire at your Crisis suits BEHIND the building..."
"ok, your kroot are 7" in woods, so ill just put this large pie plate over them and roll to deviate..."

oooh! im gonna POUND that guy next time i see him!!!
Old 31 Jul 2005, 03:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

On the topic of the Railgun, your opponent is an idiot - you roll to hit using Balistic Skill, place the template with NO scatter - and instant-kill half his squad. The Railgun uses the large blast but it does not scatter, or fire indirectly, or do anything else that your opponent will tell you it does in a vain attempt to save his Guardsmen.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 16:46   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Well come on people, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why it was originally called the Orndance Template. Ordnance weapons use the Ordnance Template, which is the big one. Also, there is a difference between "Ordnance Blast" and "Large Blast"; the Battlecannon is Ordnance Blast, the Hammerhead Submunition is Large Blast. This is why most players still say "Ordnance Template" to prevent confusing weapons like the Barbed Strangler with Ordnance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 01 Aug 2005, 21:57   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Warning Label

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auin'Myrrath
On the topic of the Railgun, your opponent is an idiot - you roll to hit using Balistic Skill, place the template with NO scatter - and instant-kill half his squad.* The Railgun uses the large blast but it does not scatter, or fire indirectly, or do anything else that your opponent will tell you it does in a vain attempt to save his Guardsmen.
o dear......
somebody told me that i had to scatter with a RG and thats basically why i lost cuz it was the only time i rolled 6's. Calaban- thx for starting this....
Closed Thread