Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Imperial Guard game type help!
Old 01 Jan 2011, 21:14   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Imperial Guard game type help!

Hiya all, I'm a Tau player myself but recently the 'boss' of my school gaming club set us a challenge of this 'necrontyr' game type, now for the record it has NOTHING to do with necrons. I searched the net but came up with nought so I decided to ask for some help so here it goes:

The game's meant to be played small, numerous teams of 10-20 troops in a single squad, all must be reg. imperial guard infantry and only limited heavy weapons, NO TRANSPORTS OR VEHICLES! So pretty much warhammer gang warfare... I know absolutely nothing about the imperial guard but i'm interested. anyone got any advice?
Yru0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2011, 21:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

do you know if it is jut troops or is it elites as well if so kasikans (storm troopers) if not couple squads standard w/ heavy weapons and others with just standard troops

thats all i can think of for know.
-maddosammo-

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2011, 13:08   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

standard troops only, I've never heard of a scenario like it, 3+ players each with a single troop choice on the board, that's why my interest is piqued but I have absolutely no idea how guard works, i hear its mainly tanks hough (the fabled lemun russ no less), but that's not allowed here...
Yru0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2011, 13:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

right okay is there a limit to how manny troops you can have if augment you squads so that there is a lot of bolter,auto, and mortar fire that should knock most ememies for six.

Also you scenario souns like what my teacher did to me i had a wrecked hammerhead and 5 troops of FW and they were assaulting me and guess what they had space marines couple of tanks imperial guard so you know your better of than me.

Sir winston Churchill

Old 02 Jan 2011, 18:40   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

A single IG Troops choice is a Platoon Command Squad and up to 6 squads of 10 men.
ShasHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2011, 10:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShasHell View Post
A single IG Troops choice is a Platoon Command Squad and up to 6 squads of 10 men.
oh yeah i forgot about that i have got a guard codex but i rarely look at it. actually i don't look at it full stop

Sir winston Churchill

Old 03 Jan 2011, 14:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Hiya all, I'm a Tau player myself but recently the 'boss' of my school gaming club set us a challenge of this 'necrontyr' game type, now for the record it has NOTHING to do with necrons. I searched the net but came up with nought so I decided to ask for some help so here it goes:
Well actually the necrontyr have a fair amount to do with necrons, because the necrontyr became the necrons after they put their souls into robots so they could forfil their dream of eternal life. But this was all a trick! because they put their souls in robots they loose all emotions...

Oops, I've kinda strayed from the point of this thread, sorry. :/
Greatshaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2011, 23:49   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

And your experience with them is?

As good as your sentence stucture?

The Imperial Guard, when played by a competant individual, is one of the most powerful armies currently availiable in the game.
Old 03 Jan 2011, 23:58   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Kind of proves my point really.
Old 04 Jan 2011, 09:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
And your experience with them is?

As good as your sentence stucture?

The Imperial Guard, when played by a competant individual, is one of the most powerful armies currently availiable in the game.
well, you could say that imperial guard are one of the best, but you could also say space marines or tau are the best. I mean, you could have a really well structered army but the owner is really bad at tactics and he could lose. So I don't think there are any "best" armies in warhammer 40k, I think it always come down to the person who owns that army.
Greatshaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote