Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question on a friends set up
Old 16 Oct 2010, 20:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Question on a friends set up

My friend puts heavy weapon teams into his chimera and shoots them while still embarked in the vehicle. Is that allowed?
Altec Laning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2010, 21:12   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

The Chimera does indeed have fire points, so units can fire out of it. I'm hazy on the rules though (haven't played since 2009) I am sure it's covered in the rulebook somewhere. iirc, they can only fire heavy weapons if the Chimera didn't move. But you'll have to check the rulebook yourself to be sure.
Dlanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2010, 10:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Talking

i don't think he can as it's them litttle lasguns on the side of the chimera although he could if he was firing the heavy weapons teams lasguns. Although i'll have to check with my mate who plays Imperial Guard.
Hope this helps. (-_-)

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

Last edited by maddosammo; 17 Oct 2010 at 10:09.
maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2010, 13:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'm pretty sure it's possible, you can't shoot out of your Devilfish because it is air condensed, nothing gets in our out till the door open.
Armadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2010, 17:46   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yup, read the rulebook. If the vehicle is stationary they can fire a single heavy weapon, counted as if they were firing from the top hatch of the Chimera. If the vehicle moved, then the troops count as having moved also, so can't fire heavy weapons.

maddosammo is right about the codex saying it's the lasguns, but gameplay wise it counts as them firing their own weapon out of the hatch. There's quite a lot of confusion here, but the part that says about lasguns on the side is for fluff reasons only I am sure.
Dlanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2010, 21:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i see two problems with this one it states in the big red book page 66 don't currently have my imperial guard codex that a SINGLE passenger may fire from i doubt a heavy weapons team counts as a single passenger and their may also be problem with the heavy weapon team getting into the transport in the first place.

Obviously i need to check the codex for specifics but personally i doubt it.

My friend plays imperial guard his looking this up for me and will get back to me with his opinion he seems to think it's fine at the moment off the top of his head though

Last edited by Antisocialnerd; 20 Oct 2010 at 17:10.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2010, 18:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor View Post
Yup, read the rulebook. If the vehicle is stationary they can fire a single heavy weapon, counted as if they were firing from the top hatch of the Chimera. If the vehicle moved, then the troops count as having moved also, so can't fire heavy weapons.

maddosammo is right about the codex saying it's the lasguns, but gameplay wise it counts as them firing their own weapon out of the hatch. There's quite a lot of confusion here, but the part that says about lasguns on the side is for fluff reasons only I am sure.
yh i asked my mate and he confirmed you can fire a heavy weapon from the top hatch if the vehy didn't move but other than that they can't.

And with the lasguns on the side i realise thatv there for fluff reasons.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2010, 04:30   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Under the current rules, a heavy weapons team is a single multi wound model, so that's not a problem. The way it works is that when you're firing out the top hatch, the chimera is counted as opened topped until the end of your opponent's turn. Not too clear on moving and shooting, I'll have to check the rules on that, but the other bit I know for sure.

As well as that, there are the hull mounted lasguns that can be fired by the passengers. Three on each side, standard RF rules and a 180 degree sweep. And when you use those the Chimera doesn't count as opened topped.
NotSoSavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2010, 16:46   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddosammo View Post
yh i asked my mate and he confirmed you can fire a heavy weapon from the top hatch if the vehy didn't move but other than that they can't.

And with the lasguns on the side i realise thatv there for fluff reasons.
I knocked my lasguns out to make it look like it has the russian style fire ports.
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2010, 20:36   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoSavvy View Post
Under the current rules, a heavy weapons team is a single multi wound model, so that's not a problem. The way it works is that when you're firing out the top hatch, the chimera is counted as opened topped until the end of your opponent's turn. Not too clear on moving and shooting, I'll have to check the rules on that, but the other bit I know for sure.

As well as that, there are the hull mounted lasguns that can be fired by the passengers. Three on each side, standard RF rules and a 180 degree sweep. And when you use those the Chimera doesn't count as opened topped.
Actually, you do not use the Lasguns, nor can you. you may fire 5 weapons from the hatch (depending on how far you have moved) and you will not count as open topped at any point.

Heavy weapons cant be moved and shot from inside, and rapid fire weapons work in the same way they always do.
HappyTau is offline   Reply With Quote