Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

elysian 500-750pts list help for noob
Old 22 Jun 2010, 16:33   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default elysian 500-750pts list help for noob

hi,

i'm returning to 40k after a long long time and have taken a shine to the FW elysian IG drop troops and would like to get some advice on what to get. i'm looking at 500-750pts as i'll have to play at the local GW and i'm guessing theres been a few changes since the D99's in IA3. I'd like it to be an all rounder and i'm guessing most enemies will be SM orientated from what i've seen people bring into the shop. i'm loving the new vehicles and the vulture with TL punisher cannons looks the mutts nuts. i'll be buying the IA8 codex at the end of this month but will need to buy some troops to start painting for the next few weks and could do with a few ideas. i'm guessing Command HQ squads are still mandatory at this level?

cheers

Badgermeister
badgermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 17:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: elysian 500-750pts list help for noob

Yeah they've changed a bit but they're actually very similar to the D-99 in IA4 save for the fact they don't have veteran sniper or spec weps teams and a lot more options. Instead the Infantry Platoons can have attached spec wep teams. If you want a more in depth look I recommend this thread.

As for starting out I recommend a vet squad as they're smaller to start out with & lend a pretty flexible core choice. Infantry squads are restricted to demo charges instead of heavy wep squads but veterans can have either. Plus BS4 doesn't hurt. For HQ you can have a command squad or one of the campaign heroes. My recommendations are either the Tauros or independent captain. The Vultunisher is a solid anti-infantry choice. Pair that with a Vendetta & you're covered for any problems. Using these recommendations nets you at about 550-600 points & you can add a Valkyrie to transport a vet squad with the second riding in the Vendetta. If you use either campaign hero then your entire force is fast & can pull off eldar tactics to an extent.

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 17:36   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

a bid put in on ebay as we speak on the command squad and basic drop platoon so failing that i'll be going straight to the horses mouth and order direct off FW. will need to order the extra parts anyway to add some demo charges to the boys when i order IA8 anyway. any idea if some of the new elysian commanders will get released (they didn't in IA4) or is it a matter of green stuff to add moustaches and cigars? :huh:
badgermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2010, 23:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

FW has no intentions to release the named characters for Elysians :huh: so green stuff it is.

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote