Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Pivoting with Pask?
Closed Thread
Old 29 May 2010, 06:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Pivoting with Pask?

Since pivoting your tank does not count as moving I'm figuring it wouldn't effect with crack shot. So my question is do you get crack shot if you pivot your russ in the shooting phase.
Old 29 May 2010, 06:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Pivoting with Prassk?

Pivoting doesn't count as moving, so that's the keyword there. Crackshot will still apply unless someone thinks otherwise.
Old 29 May 2010, 06:36   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
Since pivoting your tank does not count as moving I'm figuring it wouldn't effect with crack shot. So my question is do you get crack shot if you pivot your russ in the shooting phase.
Why do you need to pivot with a turret? Or can crack shot be used with the lascannon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Old 29 May 2010, 07:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
Why do you need to pivot with a turret? Or can crack shot be used with the lascannon?
If I take prassk with a vanquisher and have a lascannon and two multimelta sponsons shooting at a vehicle 24" away I want to know if I would be able to pivot so I can get 3 str 9 shots and 1 str 10 heading towards a vehicle.
Old 29 May 2010, 07:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Pivoting doesnt count as moving.

You can move 12 inches, pivotting and changing direction after every inch you move and it still counts as a 12'' move.

Unfortunately i had a stubborn opponent who actually packed up and left the store because he declared that you cannot pivot a vehicle and then move 12'' and count as cruising (it was a DE raider, a fast vehicle) he declared because my front was further away than it was to start with it was more than a 12'' move. Me and other ppl tried everything to get him to understand. We tried explaining it slowly, doing things step by step. In the end i gave up and pivoted it backwards, then he complained that the back had moved further than 12''. After about an hour of debate, he packed up and left, leaving everybody else with a "wtf" kinda face.

Pivoting does not count as moving

(P.s. Isnt it "Pask"?)

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Old 29 May 2010, 10:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

*Sigh*...

It's Pask.
Old 29 May 2010, 11:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zambia
Pivoting doesnt count as moving.

You can move 12 inches, pivotting and changing direction after every inch you move and it still counts as a 12'' move.

Unfortunately i had a stubborn opponent who actually packed up and left the store because he declared that you cannot pivot a vehicle and then move 12'' and count as cruising (it was a DE raider, a fast vehicle) he declared because my front was further away than it was to start with it was more than a 12'' move. Me and other ppl tried everything to get him to understand. We tried explaining it slowly, doing things step by step. In the end i gave up and pivoted it backwards, then he complained that the back had moved further than 12''. After about an hour of debate, he packed up and left, leaving everybody else with a "wtf" kinda face.

Pivoting does not count as moving

(P.s. Isnt it "Pask"?)

Lord Zambia

Sounds like me with the 50% rule. They want to define intervening terrain as area terrain. So if 50% or more of the vehicle is in cover they get a save or behind area terrain even if the tank sticks out clear as day.

I thought people from Louisiana was bad. People from Texas is so smart they're stupid. Louisianans have common sense at least. Here in Houston it seems to much education makes them over look at something to the point of stupidity. I never had to argue about the basic rules like this.

I noticed people like to throw in older rules or just make up stuff and declare they're not making it up. An example is when a drop pod lands off table of someone is stupid enough to land on top a model. How can you move minimum distance if you're on top a model. They state you move an inch a way which is moving the model extra movement. If the scatter hit you hit. They also argue if it hits you go by the small arrow on the hit dice. I told thin stop making crap up and point to me anywhere it states you go by the small arrow.
Old 29 May 2010, 18:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Actually, it sounds to me like the guy was right.
You measure from one point on the vehicle, both pivoting and moving (though different for both in the rules). Otherwise you could move more than your allotted speed.

It sounds like an fairly honest mistake of "measure to the front, move from the back", but a mistake nonetheless.

I applaud your asking so many questions about playing, in so many threads, though Chico. Many players wouldn't address a lack of knowledge in the areas and would likely bluster their way through (or will have learned it incorrectly).

Edit- Apparently he was just a sore loser and Zambia played it legal.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
Old 29 May 2010, 18:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

IIRC pivoting can only be done in the movement phase. I don't believe that you can pivot in the shooting phase unless you have a turret or something of that nature.

Old 29 May 2010, 20:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan
I applaud your asking so many questions about playing, in so many threads, though Chico. Many players wouldn't address a lack of knowledge in the areas and would likely bluster their way through (or will have learned it incorrectly).
Very true, though it would be vastly preferable if he would keep it to one thread. Chicop, in the future, just make one big question list thread. I'm sure people will be glad to answer and you don't have to fill half of General 40k with your posts.

[hr]

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
IIRC pivoting can only be done in the movement phase. I don't believe that you can pivot in the shooting phase unless you have a turret or something of that nature.
Indeed. Pivoting occurs during the movement phase.

[hr]

Chicop, you are correct. Pivoting does not count as movement for the purpose of vehicles and as such does not affect Pask's (not Prassk), special rule.
Closed Thread