Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

'ard boyz strategy: leafblower light
Old 02 May 2010, 18:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default 'ard boyz strategy: leafblower light

Okay for 'ard boyz i've made the best list I can. and heres my strategy

Command squad: Straken, Meltaguns, Medic, chimera

what it does: Fairly obvious but goes around blasting transports, and assaulting their inhabitants. while not as devestating as other CC units, it is a HOLY COW GUARD ARE ASSAULTING ME AND WINNING. Straken also helps out the terminators. Making for one nice deathstar unit, more on that later.

Inquitor lord: divine pronouncement, 3 acolytes, Heavy bolter servitor. Land Raider

What it does: Takes the place of the PBS in other LB lists, Has some shooty potential but mainly is just there to force leadership checks at greatly reduced LD (even marines test at -1 but they choose to pass or fail so…)

Grey knight terminators: brothercaptain 4 terminators and incinerator

What it does: takes the land raider for a joy ride, essentially they’re there to take things out in concert with straken. Str 7 Initiative 5 power weapons with 3 attacks each on the charge. Yes please.

Calladius

What it does: Not immediately obvious but it is there for it’s “word in you’re ear” ability. Essentially acting like a lash whip bunching models together, to be blasted by templates

Veterans: Carapace armor, plasmaguns, Chimera.

what it does: takes objectives and blasts terminators and light transports.

Veterans: valkyrie with MRP’s, triple meltas, and demolitions

What it does: Outflanks to take objectives, and blast/shoot things off of said objectives.

Platoon command squad: lascannon, Chimera

What it does: Sits back and shoots things, gives it’s chimera to the inquisitor.

Infantry Squad: Lascannon

What it does: babysits objectives, transports/tanks

Infantry Squad: autocannon

What it does: shoots things

2x Heavy Weapon Squads: missile launchers

What it does: Shoots transports, and then their passengers (ML might not be the best anti-tank, and they might not be the best anti-infantry but the fact that they CAN do both is worth the extra cost)

2 Manticores

What it does: shoots things

Vanquisher: pask Lascannon

What it does: The only dedicated anti-TANK in the army everything else is to shoot transports first, to cut mobility down, and THEN go to tanks. Also has some good anti-MC abilty
SunTzusProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2010, 14:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to AfrikA Send a message via Yahoo to AfrikA
Default Re: 'ard boyz strategy: leafblower light

"Infantry Squad: Lascannon" BS3 lascannon with 8 mandatory lasguns....:shifty:

You are better off giving the infantry squads missile launchers at least it can hurt infantry with the lasguns. Consentrate auto cannons and lascannons in the heavy weapon squads, you need massed lascannon fire fron one squad to guarantee one hit. A Vendetta costs about as much as a lascannon heavy weapon squad and does the job much better and more. The whole Infantry Platoon looks weak and has no real direction.

I'm also sceptical about the vanquisher with pask that is allot of points into a unit that does one thing kind of well, when other units can do the same job for much cheaper, like the Devil Dog, Medusa and Manticore will wreck Heavy Tanks.

So pretty much the single BS 3 lascannons thrown in with lasguns is bad, vanquisher with Pask is over priced, no vendetta. You are bringing an Inquisitor with no anti deep striking. When you said Leafblower "Light" you weren't kidding.

This should also be in the army lists section.

"This plan is so perfect it's retarded."
AfrikA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2010, 16:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

the actual list is. but I hope next year to be able to bring a real leaf blower. this year i'm kind of stuck using what i have.
Old 03 May 2010, 20:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

Minor point: He wouldn't be able to use mystics with this build. To get the grey knights and the assassin, the inquisitor has to be a witch hunters inquisitor, which don't have access to mystics.

The lascannon squad kinda nags at me too. With your considerable amount of AT directed at transports, one more low accuracy lascannon seems kinda unnecessary. I'd be more inclined to take a second autocannon or a heavy bolter/grenade launcher combo.
Old 04 May 2010, 13:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to AfrikA Send a message via Yahoo to AfrikA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan
Minor point: He wouldn't be able to use mystics with this build. To get the grey knights and the assassin, the inquisitor has to be a witch hunters inquisitor, which don't have access to mystics.
LOl, no. The grey knights are in the Demonhunters codex. I have the Witchhunters codex right in front of me. Demon Hunters = Grey Knights, Witch Huners = Sisters of Battle.

"This plan is so perfect it's retarded."
AfrikA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2010, 14:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yes but from each of the inquisitorial allies you are only allowed 1 hq and 1 elite. So to have all three you have to have an Inquisitor lord and calladius from the witchhunter and the demonhunters terminators as elites.
Old 04 May 2010, 15:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ok. Let me explain this.

1. Calladius is in both books.
2. If he takes WH hq than he has to take calladius from the wh book. Which is the same thing.

Daemon Hunters
hq 0-1
elites 0-1
troops 0-2
fast attack 0-1

Witch Hunters
HQ 0-1
Elites 0-2
troops 0-2
fast attack 0-1

If he decided to play witch hunters or daemon hunters with inducted guard. He couldn't add witch hunters to a daemon hunter list and vise versa as long as you took allies. But if you didn't take marine allies or inducted guard you could put daemon hunters in a witch hunter army. Also the restriction with marines mean no sisters or greyknights so you'll have to use Inquisitorial storm troopers.

In the case of doing a marine or guard base than it's differant. You can in fact put both daemon hunters and witch hunters in the guard or marine army. The rule that limits knights or sisters in a marine army no longer apply. So a sister and a marine can fight togther in the same roster as long as it is a marine base army.

The benefit of a guard base army you can add both as long as you follow the limits for each faction.

Hq

1 guard base
0-1 either daemon hunter or witch hunter

elites
0-1 daemon
0-1 witch
1 optional guard

troops
2 guard base
0-2 daemon
0-2 witchhunter

fast
0-1 daemon
0-1 witch
0-1 optional guard

heavy
0-3 optional guard

You can't put one calladius or one vindicator in the army cause you're limit is one per army with that books inquisitor.

But you could legally use 3 inqusitors. Only 2 max I squads with mystics due to daemon hunter restriction. But you can take inquisitorial mandate and holy relic and give your troops +2 attack

Also I know the FAQ states you can indeed have both in a guard or marine army.

I hope this help clarify.

So if I just want one squad of sisters in an army I can do so and so on.
Old 04 May 2010, 15:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Chicop is correct on this one. Whilst Jordan`s statement is technically correct, its grammar and syntax could lead you to believe that it`s saying something it isn`t, which is what AfrikA picked up on. Jordan effectively stated that "to get Grey Knights as well as an Assassin, the Assassin must come from Codex: Witch Hunters thus the Inquisitor must be a Witch Hunters Inquisitor (to allow the Assassin) and thus may not take a Mystic as it currently stands since they are only available to Daemonhunters` Inquisitors."

That said, you did make one minor error Chicop;

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
If he decided to play witch hunters or daemon hunters with inducted guard. He couldn't add witch hunters to a daemon hunter list and vise versa as long as you took allies. But if you didn't take marine allies or inducted guard you could put daemon hunters in a witch hunter army. Also the restriction with marines mean no sisters or greyknights so you'll have to use Inquisitorial storm troopers.
If you take Daemonhunters as the parent army, you may take Allied Space Marines or Inducted Imperial Guard as well as allied Witch Hunters, and vice versa. The phrase "neither Inducted Imperial Guard nor Allied Space Marines may be included in such a contingent" simply refers to the fact that you may not use the Allies rules to bring along IG or SM too, but it doesn`t restrict the parent army from having them, if originally allowed.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2010, 16:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Thespian
Chicop is correct on this one. Whilst Jordan`s statement is technically correct, its grammar and syntax could lead you to believe that it`s saying something it isn`t, which is what AfrikA picked up on. Jordan effectively stated that "to get Grey Knights as well as an Assassin, the Assassin must come from Codex: Witch Hunters thus the Inquisitor must be a Witch Hunters Inquisitor (to allow the Assassin) and thus may not take a Mystic as it currently stands since they are only available to Daemonhunters` Inquisitors."

That said, you did make one minor error Chicop;

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
If you take Daemonhunters as the parent army, you may take Allied Space Marines or Inducted Imperial Guard as well as allied Witch Hunters, and vice versa. The phrase "neither Inducted Imperial Guard nor Allied Space Marines may be included in such a contingent" simply refers to the fact that you may not use the Allies rules to bring along IG or SM too, but it doesn`t restrict the parent army from having them, if originally allowed.
I used to argue your point. I just don't bother with it cause it causes me to battle usally a whole store that says I can't. Common sense would tell you it was to prevent taking guard forces in a marine army and vise versa. Also it seem stupid to have both in a guard army while you can't in a witch or daemon hunter list. I'm at the point of erroring against it cause of the arguements I get when people see all 3 forces in one army.
Old 04 May 2010, 17:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

it does bring the question, when are witchhunters and daemonhunters going to form up and bring guard along? Some massively powerful daemon turning everybody on a planet into psykers?