1000 point mechanised IG
Closed Thread
Old 20 Jul 2005, 21:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default 1000 point mechanised IG

Do not post specific unit costs.
-Wargamer

Notes on CHimeras: all have 2 heavy bolters, smoke, and extra armour

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 20 Jul 2005, 22:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: 1000 point mechanised IG

A good core, though there are a few things I'd personally remove:

Carapace Armour on Officer - tends not to make much of an effect, due to shooting majorities and the fact that you're unlikely to survive long in an assault without an invunerable save. A Refractor Field would be a better (if more expensive) choice if you're planning on using your officer as an assault unit. The Plasma pistol is overly expensive for what it is, I'd personally just keep the standard laspistol. The same applies to the Medic and Standard, though that's personal taste.

Generally speaking I don't think Command Squads/Sections should have a heavy and special weapon at the same time. The reason is that they become a nice easy target, where 5 causualities removes 2 dangerous weapons and an officer. An infantry squad can lose up to 8 men before losing one of these weapons (if they stand and fight, of course). I would suggest using special weapons, as you get a bit of mobile firepower.

Other then that there's not much I can say, 1000pts is bare minimum for Mechanised Infantry!

~Andromidius

Old 21 Jul 2005, 06:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Deadnight-

Im with Andromidius on this one. The caracapce armour on your officer is easly replaced with a refractor feild which although more expensive will make an invunerable save.
If you do replace the plasma pistols, replace them with bolt pistols as they are cheap and work much better then laspistols.

with your heavy/special weapons in the squads id make it 2 special weapons and maybe only 1 or 2 squads with the heavy weapon.

With your left over points you could give your armoured fists Bolters to replace the lasguns and give everyone grenades to help in close combat.

Your list other then this is rather good. I like it. And with the changes would love to fight with it or aganist it.
Old 21 Jul 2005, 08:41   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Your list violates forum rules, and has been removed. I have not the time, nor the patience, to remove each individual item cost for you. If you want this list further critiqued, repost it without the offending costs.

Remember: unit totals only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 22 Jul 2005, 19:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Apologies Wargamer. it was a revised list from a friend on another forum, and just cut and pasted it. the offending keys, and pixels will be executed, with extreme predjudice. And i have noticed, it ended up closer to 1300 points, than 1000. hmm, he will be hit over the head with a trout.

HQ:
Command
+Missile launcher

Chimera

Troops:
Platoon Command:
Squad
+Missile launcher

Chimera

Squad 1:
Squad
+Missile L
+Plasma or melta

+Chimera

Squad 2:
Squad
+missile L
+ grenade launcher

+Chimera

Armoured Fist squad:
Same as squad 1
+ Chimera

Heavy Support:
Leman Russ with lascannon and heavy bolters

Total for army: comes in close to 1000
All chimeras have 2 h.bolters, smoke and extra armour
Wargear criticisms have been taken, and ammended. However, i will have to keep the missiles. i need them for armour cracking, as everything else in the list is a heavy bolter.

damnation, i've gotta drop a leman russ from the list! :'( hmm, it looks like this won't work out.....

Wargamer, my apologies again, and you have my word it won't happen again.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 22 Jul 2005, 19:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You can take 20 Conscripts instead of the Armoured Fist platoon to cut down on points. They don't need a Chimera transport (indeed, they can't even mount one if they want to), so it's perfectly legal to use them in a Mechanised army

~Andromidius
Old 22 Jul 2005, 19:43   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
Total for army: comes in close to 1000
All chimeras have 2 h.bolters, smoke and extra armour
Wargear criticisms have been taken, and ammended. However, i will have to keep the missiles. i need them for armour cracking, as everything else in the list is a heavy bolter.

damnation, i've gotta drop a leman russ from the list!* :'( hmm, it looks like this won't work out.....

Wargamer, my apologies again, and you have my word it won't happen again.
drop the 3rd armored fist squad.you could also save some points by having either the HW or the SW, but not both. you only save about 10 pts per squad, but it adds up.i would suggust droping the HW and relying on the russ to do the heavy work.

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Closed Thread