Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Krieg Armoured Battlegroup
Old 07 Apr 2010, 17:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Krieg Armoured Battlegroup

So I was wondering if anyone has either played or thought about playing with the Krieg Armoured Battlegroup list from IA:7. I've been thinking about doing a list with it and proxying it to see whether I would enjoy playing it or not. I think that I would try to stay all vehicles since Russes can be taken as troops, but I don't know if it would be effective enough.

So has anybody had experiences with Armoured Battlegroup?

Odo The Brave's Projects: Chaos Space Marine Fandex Project Terragen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus, HARLEQUIN OF TAU 0NLINE!
That makes far too much sense to be used in 40k
Odo The Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2010, 22:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: Krieg Armoured Battlegroup

i havent played it no, but i have used armies where you take fewer scoring units. (Ork Stompy Lists)

I would suggest use at least 1 veteran squad in a chimera to give you some objective scoring, and in other games i would take 2. By all means use leman russ battletanks as heavy support and troops instead of squadrons (lets you avoid immobolized results killing you, making glancing hits more tolerable)

By that i mean say instead of taking 6 leman russ tanks in 2 HS slots (and whatever in the third) you can take 2 in the HS slots, and 4 in the troop slots and still take 2 vet squads in chimeras.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2010, 23:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Actually you can't take Russes in Heavy Support. Mainly because it's an armoured battlegroup so Heavy is for even heavier things such as Artillery and Siege tanks (Valdor, Malcador, etc.). But you could take up to 11 Russes without squading since Russes are available in both the HQ and Elite slots.

As for objectives, is there any rule in the BRB saying that vehicle troops aren't scoring? Because a LRBT or Demolisher with Camo-Netting sitting on an objective in cover seems pretty good to me.

Odo The Brave's Projects: Chaos Space Marine Fandex Project Terragen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus, HARLEQUIN OF TAU 0NLINE!
That makes far too much sense to be used in 40k
Odo The Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2010, 00:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo The Brave
As for objectives, is there any rule in the BRB saying that vehicle troops aren't scoring? Because a LRBT or Demolisher with Camo-Netting sitting on an objective in cover seems pretty good to me.
Yep, page 90 under "Scoring Units" - vehicles, swarms and other units which state so (Tau drones) can never be scoring units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo The Brave
Actually you can't take Russes in Heavy Support. Mainly because it's an armoured battlegroup so Heavy is for even heavier things such as Artillery and Siege tanks (Valdor, Malcador, etc.). But you could take up to 11 Russes without squading since Russes are available in both the HQ and Elite slots.
Ah that makes sense. Well if you take that many vehicles, you can still try and table an opponent in objective games. Can you take mechanized vets though? Because Russ's cant hold objectives, take 2-3 vet squads, and use the rest of the FOC to have your battle tanks

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote