Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Campaign Idea
Old 06 Apr 2010, 18:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Campaign Idea

So in light of Circus, or Cedhoradh's, recent campaign endeavors, I have been inspired for something similar for Guard. I think I'd like to take his idea and run with it in an IG vs Eldar/Dark Eldar only campaign. My original thought was IG vs Chaos but my hand has been forced somewhat by Circus' grand plans to expand his campaign through the other boards.

So, does anyone think this would be a good idea? Circus, if you're reading this do you have a problem with someone else latching onto your theme on another board?

If you think it's a good idea, feel free to offer any insights or suggestions for goals of the campaign or possible organization. I'm fine coming up with all that myself if necessary, but I always prefer input from others that will be involved.
Schev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2010, 20:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Campaign Idea

Unfortunately there aren't very many established IG players here. So I don't think that any campaign would have enough of a dedicated playerbase to be successful.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2010, 20:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Wow really? This seems like one of the more popular boards.
Old 06 Apr 2010, 21:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

It used to be that there was a large IG player base here, but now it mostly seems to be just some newer members/players without that many experienced people.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2010, 21:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schev
So in light of Circus, or Cedhoradh's, recent campaign endeavors, I have been inspired for something similar for Guard. I think I'd like to take his idea and run with it in an IG vs Eldar/Dark Eldar only campaign. My original thought was IG vs Chaos but my hand has been forced somewhat by Circus' grand plans to expand his campaign through the other boards.
My "grand plan" extends to the whole forum, so don't think the Guard won't get their day in the sun if the Eldar campaign is successful =P Also, Dark Eldar and Eldar allying is... not so good. The seeming "alliance" in the campaign I'm running is... well, it's complicated, and as the campaign goes on you'll see why

Quote:
So, does anyone think this would be a good idea? Circus, if you're reading this do you have a problem with someone else latching onto your theme on another board?
I don't have a problem with it, so long as you don't infringe on my storyline and have it wrapped up by the time I reach the Imperium =P Also so long as you run it well.

Quote:
If you think it's a good idea, feel free to offer any insights or suggestions for goals of the campaign or possible organization. I'm fine coming up with all that myself if necessary, but I always prefer input from others that will be involved.
I dislike taking ideas from other people and running things as a committee unless the committee members are all people I trust. This extends to everything, not just the forum, so people, please don't be offended. The reasons for this are twofold: one, it's easier to get stuff out there quickly when you don't have to wait for a committee consensus to approve everything, and two, if it goes belly up I know it's my fault. I can take responsibility, because all actions were my own. I first discovered I preferred to work this way as a result of playing in bands back in school - it's not that I don't trust the ability of my band/committee/whatever, it's that if I'm onstage with a band and another bandmember ****s up I have to say to the audience "Sorry about that, slight issue there, on we go" and potentially my reputation is tarnished by another guy's **** up. It has nothing to do with how likely they are to make a mistake, it's more to do with when I'm solo and I balls up I can just say "Sorry guys, all me, let's try that again!" and laugh it off.

When I work alone I'm the only one to blame, and that's why I prefer it. If that makes sense. The old campaign committee was like herding cats, which is why I decided to go it alone for my plans here. I didn't like when people asked me what has happening with the campaign and I had to say "I don't know, [Member XYZ] is working on that bit." If people ask me why there's a hold up with my current campaign (which there hasn't been yet, thankfully) I can just come out and say "Yeah, sorry guys, I had a massively rough night last night, my bad, it'll catch up by tomorrow" or whatever. I just feel more in control and like I understand everything that's going on.

So that's why I'd advise, if you want to do something like this, do it alone. But that's just how I work, you may prefer a team. Only you know yourself. And that, of course, is why I work alone in the first place =P Only I know myself =)
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2010, 00:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ah, well if you'd prefer it be wrapped up before the Imperium is impacted in your campaign I will probably hold off to see what you're scheming. I'll be waiting anxiously though, so don't take too long! That and the Eldar player in my group is leaving in December, so I need to get in any relevant games against him. :P