Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaotic Guard?
Closed Thread
Old 17 Jul 2005, 09:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Chaotic Guard?

Has anyone done this, I'm thinking Armoured company from that huge battle where the Land Raider First Fought. List in about half an hour, any tips on how to use AC?
Old 17 Jul 2005, 11:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Chaotic Guard?

Unique-

Well for armoured company there are many ways to build a list up and use it well. Although i personally dislike tanks like the backside of a carnifex i do the odd bit about them. Heres the chapter approved codex if you need it.
- http://www.redelf.h1.ru/w40k/w40k_ig_armoured_co.html -

Tactics i know of for an armour company are low but what i do know are the basics.

Weapons-* Take a wide variety or weapons ranging in AP and STR and rates of fire. As the most common weapons on an armoured company are heavy weapons (unless you take Armoured fist squads), killing most things shouldnt be a problem. Use Lascannons against other tanks and big creatures. Heavy bolters or pie plate weapons against hoard armies like Orks and 'Nids and use Auto cannons against anything else like SM and Tau. Also artillery can be put to good use on those larger boards to take out key units in the enemies army from afar.

Infantry in AC- As you may well know the only infantry in armoured company you can take are armoured fist platoons/squads. These guys can pack a massive punch when feilding armoured company armies as they will give you counter assault and with enough of them massed return las-fire. There option to be equiped with flamers, grenade launchers and the like can be an asset as well with counter assaults and assaults of your own.

Sentinels- From what i know about sentinels these would be a great choice no matter what army type your playing. But for AC they can be fitted with almost any of the common weapons ranging in STR and AP which is what you want. They will also provide a great front line and screen your more expensive units. 2 Squads followed by a Armoured fist patrol would seem fitting for your 3 Fast attack choices but its up to you how you want to play your army.

General things- Remember to stear clear of Low AP weapons (meltas are a biggy) and high STR weapons like Lascannons and Rail weapons. Dont spend too much on each/individual vechile(s) as then you have equal amouts of armour/fire power/points spread evenly around the feild. Try and avoide terrain and keep most of your enemy in line of sight.

This about all i know on the sublject of armoured company. hope it helps......

As for you 'chaotic guard' i suggest perhaps the 'Blood Pact' or 'Traitor' Special rules. The rules for 'Blood Pact' can be found here - http://www.redelf.h1.ru/w40k/w40k_bloodpact.html -

Please tell me of your efforts and what your planning to do as i would be interested.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 11:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

got the codex thing, I'm thinking massed Leman Russes!
Old 17 Jul 2005, 11:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Very nice. Massed Russes will be hard to feild as a legal army. But if you can get it too work then id love too se the list. But follow my above tips on the weapons (outfit each tank differently) and you should be fine i think.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 01:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

Unique, i would personally use alot of the same, cheap but alot of them, because the enemy hasnt got anything special to fire at, if that helps.
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 24 Jul 2005, 05:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Blood Pact costs a lot of money (lest you have the GW discount) but Gw or forgeworld (not sure) carries conversion kits for the blood pact you read about in Gaunt's Ghosts novel (forgot the name)
Old 24 Jul 2005, 07:57   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Blood pact is actually reasonably easy to make.

blood pact squad(s)- Green stuff is good, your bits box would have at least somthing you could use for the masks.
As for an army of blood pact troopers- Tomb kings models off er some cool heads/mask styles and also necron heads. (the necron parts you could use as bionic limbs.)