Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Killteams! :D
Old 26 Mar 2010, 13:41   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Killteams! :D

Aight, so after playtesting a killteam with Bastonne, it... didn't work out too well, to say the least. So I made some revisions and came up with the following:

Troop 1 200 pts
Veteran Squad
-Gunnery Sergeant Harker
-Voxcaster
-Sniper rifle
-Grenade launcher
-Plasma gun (FnP)
-Missile Launcher HWT (Relentless)
-Demolitions doctrine (Scout for the demo charge holder)

I figure it's got a good balance of firepower against MEQs (plasmagun, krak missile, demo charge), hordes (heavy bolter, grenade launcher, frag missile), and even the occasional vehicle (krak missile, demo charge, melta bombs), and some pinning to boot. On the other hand, anti-TEQ is an issue, what with the one-time use on the demo charge, and of course, everyone gets absolutely raped in melee.

The voxcaster is there simply because I have nothing else to spend the points on :P
Tetrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2010, 14:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: Killteams! :D

Consider using infiltrate on ur demo man instead of scout. Infiltrate means you can deploy ANYWHERE instead of moving to that position. Either way, you will be 12'' away if you scout move or infiltrate (at least 12'' i mean) Because you already get this rule from Harker, consider putting another rule on another unit...for example preferred enemy on a normal vet with shotgun. He would shoot 2 shots, then charge in and reroll to hit - not too shabby. Idk there are probably better solutions, just chucking some ideas up there.

Relentless missile launcher teams would be NASTY lol

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2010, 14:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Killteams! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Aight, so after playtesting a killteam with Bastonne, it... didn't work out too well, to say the least. So I made some revisions and came up with the following:

Troop 1 200 pts
Veteran Squad
-Gunnery Sergeant Harker
-Voxcaster
-Sniper rifle
-Grenade launcher
-Plasma gun (FnP)
-Missile Launcher HWT (Relentless)
-Demolitions doctrine (Scout for the demo charge holder)

I figure it's got a good balance of firepower against MEQs (plasmagun, krak missile, demo charge), hordes (heavy bolter, grenade launcher, frag missile), and even the occasional vehicle (krak missile, demo charge, melta bombs), and some pinning to boot. On the other hand, anti-TEQ is an issue, what with the one-time use on the demo charge, and of course, everyone gets absolutely raped in melee.

The voxcaster is there simply because I have nothing else to spend the points on :P
Harker's in game abilities won't effect the squad. So he'll be the only one with stealth. But I do like where you going.