Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Al'raheam, how does he work exactly?
Old 22 Mar 2010, 23:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Al'raheam, how does he work exactly?

ok so i played an apoc game the other day and i took al'raheam, i was under the impression that al'raheams platoon all came onto the table together on the roll of 1 dice and all on the same table edge. is this right? and if so do they count as one unit for the turn they arive?
field marshel R Ironballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2010, 23:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Al'raheam, how does he work exactly?

First. Read the outflank rule.

Second. Read the 'Platoon' rule in the IG codex.

Then apply both of them.

when rolling for reserves a platoon is done as one roll.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 23:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

What Ironballs means is that do all the units come one in the same place or can they be spread all across the table edge? You only roll one dice so to my mind that means they must come on all in the same place withing coherency, as they were all in chimeras i felt that they should all come on the table within 4 inches of each other, and could then go there own way.

He felt that they could each be deployed anywhere along the table edge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2010, 13:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
What Ironballs means is that do all the units come one in the same place or can they be spread all across the table edge? You only roll one dice so to my mind that means they must come on all in the same place withing coherency, as they were all in chimeras i felt that they should all come on the table within 4 inches of each other, and could then go there own way.

He felt that they could each be deployed anywhere along the table edge.
I always done it as 1 squad takes an objective while the rest hit rear armour or go deep behind enemy lines. I don't see why they have to be kept togther simply cause when coming on the board from reserves there is no rule to state the whole platoon has to come in toghter.

If I can field my platoon all over the field doing set up. I don't see why they couldn't be split up when they come on the board via outflank.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 14:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

"Each squad in a platoon functions as independant units, but they roll collectively for reserves"

That is a rough quote from the infantry platoon rules.

Therefore, you roll to see if they come on reserves. yes the platoon comes.

Platoon command - Roll for table side
Infantry squad a - roll for table side
etc etc etc

I play Tallarn, but i made sure i knew how it worked before i started :P it had me confused at first too!

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2010, 15:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zambia
"Each squad in a platoon functions as independant units, but they roll collectively for reserves"

That is a rough quote from the infantry platoon rules.

Therefore, you roll to see if they come on reserves. yes the platoon comes.

Platoon command - Roll for table side
Infantry squad a - roll for table side
etc etc etc

I play Tallarn, but i made sure i knew how it worked before i started :P it had me confused at first too!

Zambia
You just contradicted yourself. First you qoute stating that they come in on 1 roll. That give an example of them coming from differant sides.

Also can you still outflank even if the mission state you must start on the board. Cause this toon state you must outflank.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 15:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

No he didnt.

Roll for the Platoon as a whole for reserves. I.E a 4+

then roll for each individual unit within that platoon to decide table edges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2010, 15:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
You just contradicted yourself. First you qoute stating that they come in on 1 roll. That give an example of them coming from differant sides.
You didnt understand. You roll ONCE to see if the whole platoon comes from reserve. This is because "the platoon is rolled collectively when coming from reserve".

THEN each individual unit rolls on the outflank table individually, as they are different units, they just all arrive on the same reserve roll.

Hopefully this makes more sense.

Quote:
Also can you still outflank even if the mission state you must start on the board. Cause this toon state you must outflank.
It's not a question of can you...you MUST lol. But i suppose that must is the same "must" that says you MUST start on the board...hmm. I would say special character trumps map and gets to outflank

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2010, 15:51   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zambia
Quote:
You didnt understand. You roll ONCE to see if the whole platoon comes from reserve. This is because "the platoon is rolled collectively when coming from reserve".

THEN each individual unit rolls on the outflank table individually, as they are different units, they just all arrive on the same reserve roll.

Hopefully this makes more sense.

Quote:
It's not a question of can you...you MUST lol. But i suppose that must is the same "must" that says you MUST start on the board...hmm. I would say special character trumps map and gets to outflank

Zambia
OIC. Makes more sence now. So 1 roll to come in. Than seperate rolls for each squad to see what side they come on. I thought you meant seperate rolls to come in after you said one roll. Was alittle confused there. You know people here only quick read and glance.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 18:57   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ah right ok thanks for clearing that up
field marshel R Ironballs is offline   Reply With Quote