Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

128th desert rats regiment
Old 22 Mar 2010, 00:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default 128th desert rats regiment

The 128th were originally formed on the desert planet Armanus. A massive Ork Waaaaagh had threatened to overun the world and the entire sector. Sigmentum command sent the 55th armoured regiment, the sky rainers artillery regiment, the 5th mechanised infantry regiment and the 100th infantry regiment to stabilise the sector.

The sky rainers made planet fall after only a few days of being deployed, the 55th arrived a week later and the 5th mechanised was several weeks behind. The 100th made contact with the govener of the planet to annouce the arrival at last.

They told the governer that they would arrive near a major ork base and spearhead a joint assult. The govener ordered the Imperial Guard to begin their assult expecting the 100th to open up a path for the strike force. After waiting for several hours for the 100th to arrive, the Imperial Guard were ambushed by a large speed freak army from their escape route. Suddenly fighta bomas assult the Imperial Guard forces, and so with no where left to go, they assulted the Ork base.

After several hours of fierce fighting, the Imperial guard finally managed to level the Ork base, the speed freak army that had been hounding them since the begging of the assult. The Guard had taken a beating, when suddenly renforcments from the 55th armoured regiment mopped up the speek freeks army.

The PDF had begun doing the duties the 100th was originally scheueld for. After several weeks of acting as an Infantry regiment the PDF's resources were running thin. So the newly formed 128th was pressed into service.

Over the next few years Commander's and Colonel's from all the other regiments were lost in the many battles for the world. Commander Kasan of the 128th was all that was left. He started up a counsel of representatives from the other regiments. The Counsel was made up of 4 Sgt's, 4 Commissar's 3 Majors (or the ranking commander of the regiment at the time), 1 PDF representatives and Kasan himself. The Planetary govener was also an honurary member.

After a few more years of fighting The Imperial Guard finally managed to remove the Ork threat from the planet. After a short time recruiting from the plantes major settlements Kasan launched a massive retake effort for the entire sector.

After several more years of difficult battling, Commander Kasan finally retook the sector for the Imperium. The Govener of Armanus, gratefull for Commander Kasan's and his 128th regiment efforts, sent them and the other regiments new recruits and funded them for new equiptment. Kasan held meeting with his Consel. He knew that all the regiments working together and the bonds formed between them was too good and so held a vote with the counsel about wanting to reform all the regiments under the 128th banner.

Only 1 vote was against the Idea, many of the junior commisars were against the Idea of one man having command of such a flexible force, however most of the veteran commisars that served with Kasan knew of his steadfast dedication to The Imperium and Mankind. The Govener of Armanus bestowed the rank of High Marshal to Kasan. The 128th adopted the moniker "Desert Rats" in honour of their home world.

They then set out on their crusade for the Imperium, to retake or take any planets in their path as well as to provide assistence to any struggling Imprial forces. The 128th have several whiteshield regiments, however, thanks to all the fierce and frequent fighting, this is not enough to re enforce the regiment, so they have dedicated recruiters that recruit people from any populated worlds, they also absorb any other regiments that had taken heavy losses.

So far the Desert Rats have seen action on many worlds including a stint in the cadia sector.

The High Marshal is always on the look out for the 100th infantry regiment, intend on finding out why they abandoned them.

That's the Desert Rats, one of the many forgotten regiments.

I have combined your posts, in the future please just use the edit function. - USAFTACP
angrySCORCH62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2010, 02:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 128th desert rats regiment

Well written, what is this about? Your personal regiment? If so provide us with pictures

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2010, 20:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Why thank you. This is my personal regiment, but i'm afraid I don't have any pictures, I haven't actually started getting the models yet. Their scheme is a desert style.

Thanks for joining the first two bits mate.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 21:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

What colors do you plan on using? I use some desert schemes for some of the Orks in my Bloodes Axes band.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2010, 18:11   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Orange and yellow may be the main colours, im not sure the names of them
Old 04 Apr 2010, 16:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I would recomment taking a peek at the GW website for paint ideas.
Shas_O Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote