Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Do you use existing planets and regiments for your guard army?
Closed Thread
Old 15 Jul 2005, 01:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Do you use existing planets and regiments for your guard army?

I made up my own. The planet of Josar. They wear Carapace Armor, Fight in close Order, Officers have Irond discipline, and they use rattling snipers as cover fire. My army is the Josar 13th and they often work under the Ordo Malleus. They use many flamers and grenade launchers. Little At weapons and one or two tanks.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 01:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Do you use existing planets and regiments for your guard army?

I use an existing (ex)planet with my own garishment fluff. The Espandor 12th is my regiment.

I would go into massive details with my background, but I'm a bit tired at the moment. Maybe another time.

~Andromidius
Old 15 Jul 2005, 01:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

I would be glad to hear it sometime.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 01:48   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

I have made up my own planets for my two imperial guard regiments the Cygnarian 401st and the Crayvernian 1st "lucky Aces". Cygnar is a gas giant which human hive terraspheres surround, many humans go into the planet riding Skyrams to hunt Ether Wryms, many cygnarians become imperial navy pilots but the imperial guard regiments from there are elites in urban warfare using many hit and run tactics, stealth, and abushes to achieve objectives, it is one of the worlds the Raven Guard induct initiates into there ranks (i use some raven guard allies most of the time in big battles).
Crayvern is an Agriworld which harvests underground plants, the people of Crayvern have exceptional sight in dark places, recently the planet of crayvern was infested by Genestealers, Crayvernians excelled at hunting down these monstrosities in the long dark tunnels using heavy flamers and heavy bolters exterminating them all before an Ordos Xenos kill-team reached the planet, the kill-team was impressed with the skill and courage of theses night fighters that they trained them aswel as they could before leaving, making them extremly capable night fighters and tunnel experts.
My Cygnarians use the Light Infantry Doctrine, Grenadiers, Storm Troopers, Rough Rider Squadrons, Close Order Drill.
My Crayvernians use the Abhumans Doctrine: Nightsliders (Chapter Approved... it exists.), Grenadiers, Hardened Fighters, Xeno-Fighters (Tyranids.), Veterans.
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 15 Jul 2005, 03:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Mine is the Valhallan/ Minsk 822nd. Thier commanding officer and governor of the ice world of Minsk is Generalissimo Arkadia Vladimir Stankov, formerly of the Valhallan 822nd. After the Grozygrad Crusade, the Warmaster inquired if Stankov would be willing to govern (with his regiment) the ice world of Minsk. It was un-inhabited, so the 822nd set up shop, and soon small cities began to arise in the frozen tundra. The capital city, Vilnigrad, was were the massive regimental transports landed. Realizing the entire planet was relativly the same, they just started building! The doctirines (I don't use them) are the same as Valhallans, as the regiment was raised there, but the recruits born after planetfall refer to thier regiment as the 1st Minsk. General Stankov began his career as a noblemans son. He went into the academy for stormtroopers as a youth, and was transported from one hell-hole to the next, always Orks he was fighting, it seemed... He was promoted, and soon became a Lietenent, when the Commissariat requested him for training. Meanwhile, as he rose in rank, skill, and prowess, he was noticed by General Boris Yeschensovich. The commander of the Valhallan 638th, he went specifically to the Commisariat, looking for a Valhallan-born Commissar to be. Commissar Stankov was later assigned to the Valhallan 822nd. However, in a freak accident (thought to be murder from his inferiors, see Beta 96) the Commander was killed on thier way to the first battle of the Groznygrad Crusade. Stankov realized the regiment was under his control for the time being, so led them into battle. Upon returning off-planet, Stankov was highly decorated. Suspicious of the subordinates eager for power, General Yeschenovich promoted Stankov instead, giving him the 822nd. Within the hour, Stankov executed the convicted murderers of the previous commander, and gained many honors in the heat of battle. This respect the rank and file troops gained for Stankov was key in thier further victories. To this day, not one commissar has been 'accidently shot' by a trooper on the field of battle since Stankovs victories at the Groznygrad crusade. Every man gladly throws himself into the fray to protect officer and subordinate alike, realizing thier duty to the Emperor as they breath thier last. The list of decorations the 822nd has earned with in themself is enormous...

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 15 Jul 2005, 03:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

My fluff is still in the works, but I have decided on everything I'm getting for my yet-to-be founded regiment. My regiments hail from two worlds, Alfenhiem and Nifleheim.

The regiment from Alfenhiem, a low-visibility forest planet, are superb fast-and-light combatents and are characterised by long dark hair and tall, thin statures. They are naturally aloof, but respect fighting prowess when they see it.
Doctrines (WIP): Light Infantry, Cameoline, Rough Riders

Niflehiem is a forsaken ice world, perpetually covered in dense mists. The fighters from there are slow and powerful, hitting like a ton of bricks when they arive. They have extensive underground foundries and use significant mechanization.
Doctrines: Carapace Armour, Hardened Veterans, Iron Dicipline, Techpriests
Old 15 Jul 2005, 04:21   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I guess I'm old school. I play Mordians and have about 1500 points of the 21st Mordian Iron Guard. Love the models and fluff.

~ fearlessgod ~
Old 15 Jul 2005, 07:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I made up my own planet called Sratum. I have 2 Guard Armies called the Satum 17th 'Irish Devils' and the
2nd Satum Armoured 'Snow Devils'. >

Satum is a Forge World but they make more big tanks and not very many transports.
The world is only 15% City though then the rest is 50% Snowy Woods,Forests,Snowy Plains,rivers and then 35% Seas and Oceans.
It is a snowy planet.

Cold Hey (Teeth Chattering).
Old 15 Jul 2005, 07:16   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I have never used an official regiment, mainly because I hate Cadia so much, but like their (old) models best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 15 Jul 2005, 15:49   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

catachan 665 1/2 "devil worshipers"

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Closed Thread