Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

basilisks are scary
Closed Thread
Old 09 Mar 2010, 12:58   #11 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.
Default Re: basilisks are scary

Quote:
Or, if you're in a particularly friendly gaming club, fire at another table that isn't even part of your game.

I have to try this. I suppose that you could get a bunch of friends, put the tables in relatively close proximity and be allowed to call in strikes from other tables providing there is enough range to make it work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
Old 09 Mar 2010, 13:10   #12 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Well I did it in one HUGE apocalypse game (three 8x4 tables arranged in an "H" formation, we were in one corner) and even with Orks bearing down on us, we fired at the opposite corner where Tyranids were fighting Black Templars just to test out the Basilisk's range =P and Wargamer's mentioned about, at his club, he has fired Basilisks at a game of FANTASY and taken out a unit of Chaos Knights =P

You just need a group of gamers who are willing to play for fun, not always for the win, and that way you can justify blowing away at other tables. In the Fantasy example, that barrage would have seriously unbalanced the game - but in the kind of company that'd let you get away with it, it's just hilarious
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 09:49   #13 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Well I did it in one HUGE apocalypse game (three 8x4 tables arranged in an "H" formation, we were in one corner) and even with Orks bearing down on us, we fired at the opposite corner where Tyranids were fighting Black Templars just to test out the Basilisk's range =P and Wargamer's mentioned about, at his club, he has fired Basilisks at a game of FANTASY and taken out a unit of Chaos Knights =P

You just need a group of gamers who are willing to play for fun, not always for the win, and that way you can justify blowing away at other tables. In the Fantasy example, that barrage would have seriously unbalanced the game - but in the kind of company that'd let you get away with it, it's just hilarious
One word.

Deathstrike....
Old 10 Mar 2010, 10:35   #14 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well actually, the Basilisk has more range in Apoc than the deathstrike. Deathstrike was changed to unlimited, and in apoc weapons with unlimited range are cropped to 72 I think... Where as the basilisk can still fire its ridonkulous amount...
Old 10 Mar 2010, 20:51   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Well. I see that many of you have 9 gunships and 9 tanks with deathstrikes etc. But back to the beginning of my first post, I said don't respond if you have a billion tanks, vehicles, etc. (that was the gist) . But for gamers who use 1000 points on the board, having a basilisk or 3 tanks daunts them. I've read the posts. One kid said he had-

9 leman russes all with complete plasma loadouts and lascannons

Guess what? I said to NOT post. Don't like it? TAKE IT TO MADDOX. (link below)

Edit: Never click random links. -AC

-Mike Tyson
Old 10 Mar 2010, 20:55   #16 (permalink)
Shas'La

What the hell are you talking about? And why are you posting random links? At first I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but more and more you do seem like a "clever" troll.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 20:56   #17 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schev
What the hell are you talking about? And why are you posting random links? At first I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but more and more you do seem like a "clever" troll.
+1

[spoiler]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super heavy gunner
If you agree, say whatever you want, but make sure to say, "+1"
[/spoiler]
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 20:57   #18 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super heavy gunner
Well. I see that many of you have 9 gunships and 9 tanks with deathstrikes etc. But back to the beginning of my first post, I said don't respond if you have a billion tanks, vehicles, etc. (that was the gist) . But for gamers who use 1000 points on the board, having a basilisk or 3 tanks daunts them. I've read the posts. One kid said he had-

9 leman russes all with complete plasma loadouts and lascannons

Guess what? I said to NOT post. Don't like it? TAKE IT TO MADDOX. (link below)

http://maddox.xmission.com/
Yeah, why wasn't this locked?

Warned to raise to moderated posts, thread locked.
Closed Thread