Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Female Guard.
Closed Thread
Old 17 Feb 2010, 02:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Female Guard.

I've found two sites so far in my search. One is called copplestone if you look under the female warriors they have the look I'm gunning for. Also I've found some models in the void line. The void models look better but I'll get stuck with some male models as well.

I'm really gunning for mainly GW but looking for anything that would look close at this point.

My first question would be is there an all female guard army out there. I already know there is females in the guard and would like to model them. I've found female heads through battle wagon, warmachine, hordes, reaper, and a British model site. The problem I'm having is the actual body itself. I've found other company models which do really well with females to the point of them being completely clothless. But I want to be able to use them in tournament. I feel more comfortable chopping up plastic than messing with putty. I'm looking for an affordable female looking guard model.

The vietnam look would work. I don't mind chopping off the gw heads and can bit order the lasguns either using forge world Elysian drop troop guns or bit order through battle wagon. I've thought about using eldar guardians but I don't like the posing of the models.

I'm still brain storming and would like to hear ideals. I want them to look like females similar to sister veteran bodies. But metal models cost too much and a bother to chop up. So any plastic looking gw models would be cool.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 06:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Female Guard.

Shadowforge has a few nice sets. The heads are enormous and rather bad, but since you have some heads already...

Hasslefree Miniatures has nice female soldiers, but they're in different styles. Some of them are Vietnam-like. Look under "adventurers" and "humans".

I know it's not much, but that's all I know.
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Old 17 Feb 2010, 07:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

There are so many worlds in the Imperium that it would be completely believable that there would be a world where the females did the fighting.

Old 17 Feb 2010, 07:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

just use the heads, body armour is body armour. its doesnt change to form the body, look at u.s soldiers there arent kevlar suits with bewb compartments. ;]
(three plus power armor will block all your shots but can i get over 1" of dangerous terrain...oops i rolled a one)

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. cough cough anyone got a coughdrop?

Old 17 Feb 2010, 09:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissius
just use the heads, body armour is body armour. its doesnt change to form the body, look at u.s soldiers there arent kevlar suits with bewb compartments. ;]
This is true, just using the heads would be fine. With body armor and the uniform, you can't always distinguish male from female if you just looked at the body.

Old 17 Feb 2010, 09:57   #6 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Yes. According to the Ciaphas Cain Novels, all-female regiments make up of about 10% of the entire Imperial fighting force. That's why you need female Commissars; you can't expect women to take orders from one man.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 12:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thanks for the replies. Didn't gw make a female commissar model. I knew about hasslefree and have to look through the line again, to many naked models there. Also I was scared that hasslefree models would be too big.

I thought about the head switch. But the frame of the model is kinda bulky. The frak armour doesn't bother me just the bulk of the model. I might cut one down and thin it out.

I liked the shadow forged models the best so far. I seen some on hasslefree under adventures and may use a few from there as well. I might do 3 companies to have more posing even though they will look less uniformed.

But if anyone see any more let me know. So far I'm liking the shadow forge ones the best.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 19:12   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Havicus

See if you can get your hands on Colonel Gaunt's model. With a bit of green stuff he'd make a fantastic female officer.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 21:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havicus
See if you can get your hands on Colonel Gaunt's model. With a bit of green stuff he'd make a fantastic female officer.
all I'll have to do is get the female kador head from warmachine and some green stuff would make it look nice.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 22:36   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I'm wanting to do a mixed-sex Valhallan army and I thought that I could get some Sister of Battle heads or something similar and use them instead of the regular head. My females will have breasts, since Valhallans were coats that allow for slight definition of features.
Closed Thread