Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Noob Help.
Old 07 Feb 2010, 21:50   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Noob Help.

Two quick questions.

heavy weapon team. are both models on the single gun or is the assistant gunner able to fire his lasgun?

allies. i intend to more or less use a firing line, can a Battle Sisters Squad be effective or just stay with a pure IG team?

thank you
malleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2010, 22:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Noob Help.

If I remember correctly both are required to shoot the heavy weapon.

Sisters of battle are more of an assaulty unit In my opinion...not quite like space marines but darn close. Especially with the the bolter, storm bolter and flamer option. A couple squad would give you more punch, but guards are better by themselves for firing line.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2010, 13:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

The HW team is a single unit now, so it can only fire one weapon - the heavy one. IG squads with a HW only have 9 models instead of 10 as previous.

I think Sisters as allies for gunline guard might work. They would make a decent counter charge element. Keep them static and shooting turn 1. Turn 2 move up and rapid fire or charge what's coming at you.
Schev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2010, 15:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Tbh the points you spend on those Sisters of Battle could be spent for more HW teams.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2010, 16:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schev
The HW team is a single unit now, so it can only fire one weapon - the heavy one. IG squads with a HW only have 9 models instead of 10 as previous.
They have the option to fire the either the heavy weapon or their lasguns why would they have the lasguns included in their war gear if they werent?

There is no definite ruling on the use of a lasgun in tandem with a heavey weapon some people interprit it that the loader can take a shot while the gunner is shooting, but the majority of players agree that the loadersmain job is to keep the ammo comming so he cant do both at once.
Old 08 Feb 2010, 16:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ok fair enough, I guess you could shoot the lasgun in lieu of the heavy weapon, but it's not two people anymore, it's one. And it's not an MC, so it won't be shooting two weapons.
Schev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2010, 16:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullreken
There is no definite ruling on the use of a lasgun in tandem with a heavey weapon some people interprit it that the loader can take a shot while the gunner is shooting, but the majority of players agree that the loadersmain job is to keep the ammo comming so he cant do both at once.
There doesn't need to be. It's an Infantry model, ergo it may only fire a single weapon per turn. Whilst the base may hold two separate figures and represent two separate people, in game terms it is a single model and follows all appropriate rules as a result.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2010, 01:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by malleus
Two quick questions.

heavy weapon team. are both models on the single gun or is the assistant gunner able to fire his lasgun?

allies. i intend to more or less use a firing line, can a Battle Sisters Squad be effective or just stay with a pure IG team?

thank you
No, he is not. He can shoot a weapon, but he must be upgraded with a sniper rifle, grenade launcher, flamer, etc.

2-stay I.G.. There is nothing more powerful than a blithering hail of lasfire, unless it is a blithering hail of shells

-Mike Tyson
Super heavy gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2010, 01:48   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

About number 2 there, I think you will find that a blistering hail of Bolters/Pulserifles/Light Rain/Snow/Strong Breeze/ANYTHING is more powerful than a blistering hail of Lasguns.

As for number 1, to my knowledge, the second guy on the Heavy weapons platform, CANNOT be given another weapon. Both guys count as one model, as MT pointed out, quite rightly, a single model can only fire a single weapon unless it is an MC or has a specail rule saying otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2010, 01:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
About number 2 there, I think you will find that a blistering hail of Bolters/Pulserifles/Light Rain/Snow/Strong Breeze/ANYTHING is more powerful than a blistering hail of Lasguns.

As for number 1, to my knowledge, the second guy on the Heavy weapons platform, CANNOT be given another weapon. Both guys count as one model, as MT pointed out, quite rightly, a single model can only fire a single weapon unless it is an MC or has a specail rule saying otherwise.
Here's an example for you of how I'm right, just stick with me.

1-for this example, bolter= gopher

2- lasgun = locust

You have a plantation, where a family of gophers would be a problem, but a SWARM of locusts would leave you with nothing at all. Statistically, a 3 guardsmen would be a single space marines. STATISTCALLY . In other words, guard outnumber marines in point cost 1:3, making them superb en mass

-Mike Tyson
Super heavy gunner is offline   Reply With Quote