Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Starting a Valhallan Army?
Closed Thread
Old 11 Jul 2005, 01:23   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Starting a Valhallan Army?

Hey all. I was thinkin about possibly starting a small Valhallan army like 500 points for the time being. Can any one post an army list or some suggestions to get started. I want to try and use only Valhallan models if that is possible. Pleas get back to me when you can. Thanks.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 03:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy
Default Re: Starting a Valhallan Army?

get a healthy money reservre going,m get some tanks, and get a codex if you lack one.

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 09:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The down side to them is that the modle cost a arm and leg, and the heavy weapons are just gay looking.

For how much it'll cost you, might as well go forge world

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog...OP_TROOPS.html
Old 11 Jul 2005, 19:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

that has nothing even remotely to do with the valhallan army.

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 02:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Being of Lithuanian(It was part of russia) descent, I was immediately drawn to VALHALLANs. Yay! I ended up just using the actual models for the command squads and the whole HQ catagory. All of my tanks are snow camo, with catachan green spot, so it looks good. Just get some good cash... Models are about 5-7 american apeice. for me, that is just too much. But if you can, you will no doubt have the coolest army at your local store. Yay! Everybody loves Valhallans! And if you do start using them, you MUST include mortars and at least one tank! Sorry, you don't have too, but it fits the fluff real well.

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 13 Jul 2005, 17:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hope this doesn't veer too far off topic, but can anyone tell me (legally) anything about the fluff or doctrines of the Valhallans are, beceause I plan to incorporate them into my fluff about a marine chapter from the Valhalla.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 17:27   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

They have a lot of veterans, they hate Orks, they use Conscripts, and they fight close-order style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 13 Jul 2005, 18:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thier army was undoubtedly based off the Soviets, so they use massive artillary barrages, using mortars and cannons, and then make a mass infantry advance, not charge. They don't allways run. The normal soldier will probably not get a chimera, but the command squad will. Normal soldiers will just hitch a ride on a leman russ. The soviets had the most affordable, and best bang for the buck tanks some say in history. The T-54 was especially simple and straight forward. They do not use special troops, so probably the only Elites should be vets. They are genuises when it comes to military manufacturing. Almost every soldier will be a conscript in a Soviet army, and I believe GW got the idea of commissars from the Red army. The commissars were devotees of the communist way, strong party members, and ruthless individuals. Besides the communist part, that pretty much describes the IG commissar. In SM, include a couple Chaplains and assign them to squads like commissars. That is the Soviet way of doing things, and not necessarilly the Valhallan, but I hope it heps a bit. Oh, make sure, if you name characters, or even lietenents, give them Russian names. EG: Vladimir, Boris, Vassily, Basil, Arkadia. All last names should probably end in -kov. For the homeworld, get a map and gget some russian city names.

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 13 Jul 2005, 18:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok

Were can you get Valhalla models???
I've never seen any other than the codexes

P.S. Boris is not a Russian name it's Check.
If you keep with the fluff all the way mount them in Chimeras and just use them as tanks not transports.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 19:06   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Russian Cities

Moscow
LeninGrad <--------- russian for city
Stalingrad
St.Petersburg
Dubna
Taldom
khimki
kolomna
yakustk