Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Power Fist.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 23:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default The Power Fist.

Okay. So I have a couple of mates who won't touch a powerfist in my guard army with a 10 foot pole, thinking that he is strength 8 and will insta gib the commander or what ever of their armies.

Every game they hate going near it even after we tell them its S6.

What are your experiances of silly thing people do to avoid a S6 fist with their T4 units?
Old 28 Dec 2009, 23:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: The Power Fist.

I never run power fists specifically because it's only S6. All that grants is the ability to hurt high toughness beasties, which is normally not the intent of my command squads. I'd much rather shoot those to death. I do run Eviscerators on my priests though.
Schev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2009, 00:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

power fist? no wonder people dont want to play you, you should use the power glove it's so bad!

but seriously the power fist acts like a deterrent it has a reputation for being powerful and able to knock the be-jaysus out of a tank so people dont want their models oing near it much in the same way people downt want to charge a Carnifex. Instead of being sad that nobody wants to go near your power fisted officer use it to your advantage give the power fist to officers in units you dont want to be attacked so your opponents will go for expendable units or units that look weak but are in fact more dangerous. If you are just itching to use the power fist in combat then give it to a veteran officer in a squad armed with assault weapons and attack from a chimera or valk
Old 29 Dec 2009, 03:22   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Colonel 'Iron Hand' Straken! But yeah, S6 is overrated. Mine died to an Ork Meganob.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2009, 03:26   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Powerfist equipt guardsmen are easy to take out with most troops who are good or even average at melee, because they are almost garunteed to strike first. Also 180 pts of orks charged 200 pts or terminators. It was hard for the powerfists to get a decent job done when they faced 120 brutish ork attacks before they got the chance to strike back. Ironically the orks won :P

I hate powerfists when i play Tau because my crisis suits cant kill the powerfist equipt warriors because of their uh failure to have physical muscle :P also they annoy my tanks, because i get a cover save from every other weapon pretty much except power fists :P

Imperial guard with power fists isnt that bad. Ork warbosses, with power fist means S10 attacks, so its like a dreadnought has jumped on you.

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2009, 07:59   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

For Guard, they almost always strike last anyway. That said, i take power weapons over power fists, and onlt in a blob squad, because in an HQ squad, there is onlt 5 men, and they die before they get to hit back.
Jayne Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2009, 09:39   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

well dont forget that fist can be used to knockout vehlices and in this case S6 is usefull

I think they look like an army of little well armed incredible-hulks. Just my first impression.
Aloh´Ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2009, 10:20   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullreken
power fist? no wonder people dont want to play you, you should use the power glove it's so bad!
Oh god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloh´Ta
well dont forget that fist can be used to knockout vehlices and in this case S6 is usefull
The fact that you have to get up close to it and hit the damn thing in close combat with that S6 fist makes it a little less than useful, in my opinion.

The vehicle will probably already be dead from the 3 meltaguns in your squad that are all within 6" anyway. :P

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2009, 11:58   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

well that depends if you actually using meltaguns in my case i prefer other weapons to destroy vehicles yes melta is fine when you are facing LR but when your enemy got only light armour then melta is waste in my point of view but get back to the fist

I think they look like an army of little well armed incredible-hulks. Just my first impression.
Aloh´Ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2009, 12:03   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

the melta can be a excellent deterrent for high toughness close combat orientated units