Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Power Fist.
Old 29 Dec 2009, 12:28   #11 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: The Power Fist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloh´Ta
well that depends if you actually using meltaguns in my case i prefer other weapons to destroy vehicles yes melta is fine when you are facing LR but when your enemy got only light armour then melta is waste in my point of view but get back to the fist
The point is that there are myriad better options in our codex for taking out light armor than an expensive combat weapon on a frail guy that has to run the gauntlet and actually catch the vehicle.
Schev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2009, 12:31   #12 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ok got your point but seriously can power sword save you more than fist? i dont think so ;D in many cases you´re already dead and fist is just back up for poping this type of things ;D

I think they look like an army of little well armed incredible-hulks. Just my first impression.
Aloh´Ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2009, 12:53   #13 (permalink)
Shas'La

for assaulting a vehicle I'd rather invest in Krak Grenades or melta bombs over a single power fist
Old 29 Dec 2009, 14:15   #14 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I never use power fists, Str 6 and they are brutally expensive for what else you could buy, special weapons, krak grenades, or heavy weapons. I don't blob up my guard, so if they enter CC I prefer them dead, at least I can shoot my opponent during my turn to little bits. >
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2010, 19:01   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I only have 2 powerfists in my entire army, one in my command squad which intends to get close up and the other on the sergeant in my chimera mounted assault squad, sure it has meltas, meltabombs, a demolition charge and a lascannon, but i just want to be sure the tank dies.
---------------------------------------------------------
The hive fleet always needs Biomass, please feed some to the below creatures.
---------------------------------------------------------
Vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2010, 21:18   #16 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I tried a power-fist armed comissar lord for the first time.

He (and a squad of penal legion) took out two space marines from a command squad, and vulkan hes-taan before dying.
The ability to wound on 2+ and ignore armour saves can be crucial against things like terminators, if the guy carrying the fist takes out 2 hes made his points back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piedmon
Phwoar.
manic-swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2010, 21:55   #17 (permalink)
Shas'La

I usually give a power fist to one or two of my veteran sergeants with my left over points. I like the power weapon better in marine armies, but with guard against MEQ (my main opponents) having the to wound go from 5+ to 2+ is a huge advantage for me.
wesswll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2010, 12:58   #18 (permalink)
Shas'O

I don't think the Powerfist is one of the better pieces of equipment out there. Sure it's good when the situation arises. But then you've got to put your model in that situation. As a backup weapon to 'prevent' assaults. I don't see it being very effective.

Yes people look at it and go; "Whoa there!". But for that effect Stormtroops or Vets will give you too. Those are units you certainly don't want being assaulted. So it kind of backfires if you start handing the power of the fist out.

To be honest a Chainsword is good enough a melee weapon. Chuck a powersword in an HQ or elite unit and that is a better deterant.

Gen
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote