Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Plastic Tallarn
Old 01 Dec 2009, 09:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Plastic Tallarn

I really love the Tallarn, and am also a big fan of the Haradrim in the LOTR, except nobody plays LOTR warhammer, and to collect Tallarn all the models are expensive and metal.

To be honest its not the price taht gets me. I just generally hate metal. Stupid painboy arm still wont go on, and i have 2 unassembled (or attempted assembled) killa kans, and 1 deff dread.

I thought for the ultimate project, which may cost more but will be cool, will be to buy haradrim units from LOTR, (40 bucks AU for 24 figures, or 40 bucks for 6 riders) and convert them into IG models buy purchasing some weapon sprues. These would have alot more variety in poses and conversion than metal models would offer and they wouldnt not weigh a ton. I will still buy normal IG tanks and sentinels, but will just convert the LOTR models to IG. The models are pretty much the right height, its just a matter of money and time now.

What do others think? any tips on what sets or how to get these sprues or any other ideas for me? Im open to any response here

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2009, 10:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Plastic Tallarn

I love the idea in principle, but be cautious, the LoTR models are not in the same scale as W40K, they are smaller. You will not be able to do arm swaps very easily.

Still worth having a look at though
Sargaule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2009, 12:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Indeed LoTR are Not Heroic 28mm so the head, hand anf general size won't fit.

Plus they won't be tournement legal. However, if you do not do tournement, that's a non-issue.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2009, 12:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
Plus they won't be tournament legal.
In the UK, at least, this is no longer an issue. GW now allows LOTR models and models converted with LOTR bitz in WFB/40K Tournaments but you are ineligible to win the "Best Painted Army" award if your army includes such models.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2009, 17:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

yeah, like everyone else said, different scale of models :/, still, if you wanna do it, go for it!
Old 02 Dec 2009, 06:29   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Hey if you feel like messing with forge world they make weapon packs for IG including Tallarn ones. The Krieg and Elysian ones come with spec weps and the best part is they're kinda in the middle of 25mm and 28mm so it won't be as bad as regular GW weapons.
Old 02 Dec 2009, 08:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

This army wont be used in a tournament, just for fun and i think it will look cool. I will have to look around for some weapon sprues and try them out to see which is the best fit. The scale of that was a little shakey but ill work something out. And as for things such as painting tourneys i will read the rules to see if mixed bits are aloud from LOTR conversions before i make that decision.

Thanks for the replies thus far - but how do you think a Tallarn army would fare in 40k Obviously it would have this sort of line up:
Command squad
A few Rough rider squads
A Sentinel squad
Quite a few infantry platoons
Some snipers too
Not quite sure what to use as heavy support, maybe a demolisher or something? what would fit into the guerilla tactica of the Tallarn?

Cheers

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2009, 04:06   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Tallarn are more than just guerrila fighters, they're desert warriors. In deserts having mobility is key and the terrain is near perfect for tanks. In this regard its perfectly explainable for light or heavy vehicles. Tossing in a few chimeras to add mobility for objective taking could be the key between victory or defeat. Heck you could stick to light ones ie no russes or valkyries if you wanted the theme of hit and run.

I'm not saying avoid the idea of a light infantry army I'm just pointing out alternatives. To help with the heavy support for the suggested list I would suggest medusas or manticores with camo netting. If its the only armor besides sentinels then you will need the save as every AT weapon will target it.