Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My Fluff Ideas
Old 23 Oct 2009, 20:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default My Fluff Ideas

I'm just jotting down a few ideas for themed armies for your "perusal"

106th Catachan "Black Tigers"
Experts in stealth and night guerilla warfare. Have fought Dark Eldar and Internal Guard rebels. Lots of black stripes and tattoos. Themed on small, tightly knit groups of brothers-in-arms ( ^-^ ). Are tolerant of Commissars if they can fight properly ( :shifty: ).

18th Miral "Prowlers"
Experts at stalking and amphibious warfare. Semi-mechanised. Have fought Orks, Tau and poorly armed rebels. Colours would be dour browns and muck, the equipment would be filthy ( :huh: ). Would have Rough Riders using WHFB Lizardmen Cold Ones as steeds ( :sadnshocked: ).

7th Cadian
Venerable regiment (mentioned in the Battle Of Tyrok Fields where they lost 12 Regimental standard bearers). Have fought Chaos... a lot. Army would be themed on lots of surviving veterans constantly re-grouping to compensate for losses ( :rockon: )

I have many more ideas but one is entered in a competition and I don't want to give too much away plus I can't remember the others...

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
FrisbeeForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2009, 21:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: My Fluff Ideas

I personally have a great dispassion for Cadians and Catachan. Everyone plays one or the other. So I'm naturally drawn towards your 18th Miral regiment. Ironic as it may sound, I think the Guard are all about building a unique army. People get caught up in the codex fluff that's centered around the regiments that have models, but there are millions of worlds producing guard regiments, make something new!
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2009, 01:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'm planning on Cadians, for 2 sole reasons.

A. They are Plastic.
1. They are purchased at the FLGS.

If I had a GW store near me, I could possibly play Tallarn or Vallhallans. They look cool, but they are *sigh* metal, and only available from GW. :'(

EDIT: Probably should add something relevent to the thred, sorry for the 'jack :-X

Black Tigers sound pretty awsome! Sounds like you need some Vets...Prowlers sound cool as well! ;D
My ideas for my Company are either PDF captured by the Tau during 3rd Sphere campaign, PDF in Gurella Warfare against the Tau in 3rd Sphere, or normal law abiding Guardsmen with a urban/night ops scheme. Who fight Chaos and SM alot... ;D
Originally Posted by Shaman from DakkaDakka
Hoping for balance with GW is like hoping to live while playing Russian roulette with a glock.
SteelPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2009, 02:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I agree with Beowulf, make up your own army. Then you can do the whole fluff background for their planets, their struggles, how they feel about the Imperium, how their planet evolved, the people customs, and everything else. Just adds a lot more character than being Cadian #X regiment.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2009, 10:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah, I just thought expanding on the fluff already avaliable for the 7th would be quite fun. Most of the stuff I make up is my own worlds (although Miral is mentioned as a swampy, stinking deathworld in the 3rd Edition death world veteran/catachan codex).

I'm going to re-write the fluff for my old Brigannion Liberators soon and I'll probabally put it here

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
FrisbeeForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2009, 20:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

for yours i like the Prowlers , just for the fact they ride lizards

i'm making my own thing as well

my thing is an airborne regiment from a paradise world, called something like... Eden summit or other...

i'm painting them in the cadian scheme though, because i like it, as it's a good 'all round' camo scheme
Old 30 Oct 2009, 07:18   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm not a Guard player, but I've read their codex (old an new) and know a reasonable amount of their basic fluff. Might make my own regiment and post.
My advice would be to make your own. It's generally a lot more interesting.