Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Cadia dead?
Old 21 Oct 2009, 00:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Cadia dead?

Is cadia dead? I heard that, currently, its being scourged by the forces of Chaos. So...are all the people dead? ???

Blarg, I'm a penguin! 8D

'They Are My Space Marines' tribute video, by ruckuz88

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

Emperor Zoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2009, 00:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Cadia dead?

I'm going to go through this stage by stage.

First: Cadia is a planet. Planets do not die. So therefor, Cadia is not dead.
Second: Cadian shock troops are the poster boy Imperial Guard. They are the Ultramarines of IG. It is the tanith who's planet has been destroyed.
Third: Who... told you that information? Did you read the latest codex?
Old 21 Oct 2009, 00:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Zoron
Is cadia dead? I heard that, currently, its being scourged by the forces of Chaos. So...are all the people dead? ???
Yes. That's why the Cadian Shock Troop regiments are all wiped out, and the Death Korps of Kreig are the new poster boys for the Guard. : (/end sarcasm)
General_Dakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2009, 00:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

Some of the 'End of Times' 5th ed fluff might have implied some extreme things, but Cadia is still fully functioning and kicking chaos butt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy of Kvatch
Yes. That's why the Cadian Shock Troop regiments are all wiped out, and the Death Korps of Kreig are the new poster boys for the Guard. : (/end sarcasm)
YEAH! Death Korps!
Old 21 Oct 2009, 01:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
First: Cadia is a planet. Planets do not die. So therefor, Cadia is not dead.
Poor choice of words, I'll admit. However, I think you knew what I meant, Cat. :P

Quote:
Second: Cadian shock troops are the poster boy Imperial Guard. They are the Ultramarines of IG. It is the tanith who's planet has been destroyed.
A fact that I rather regret. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind their look. However, it gets dull after a while of seeing Cadian armies everywhere. The fact that they haven't been given an insulting nickname, like the Ultramarines, is a miracle. :P

I know who Tanith is, however that's not what I am talking about.

Quote:
Third: Who... told you that information? Did you read the latest codex?
The most current Black Crusade. Its breached the Cadian Gate, I heard, and have landed on Cadian soil. Currently, the Imperials are fighting a horridly desperate battle to force them off. If they lose then, apparently, the Black Crusade's overwhelming forces will be able to run rampant throughout thousands of sectors. (You know, the usuall 'we're doomed if we lose' crud that GW is always pushing.)

I just figured, that the planet's population would be effectively wiped out, by now, with a force of several thousand chaos marines ( along with whatever else they brought with them) having invaded. I mean, I don't care how tough Cadians are, their still no match for the traitor legions.

[hr]

Quote:
Your sarcasm has been duly not noted and ignored, Leg. :P

[SPOILER]I do wish that GW would make a official line for those guys... Alas, they are too cheap. :'(
[/SPOILER]

Blarg, I'm a penguin! 8D

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

Old 21 Oct 2009, 01:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

At the end of the 13th Black Crusade, Cadia was ground to rubble. Chaos Forces have gathered a strong foothold on the planet it's self, but the Imperial Navy managed to wrestle control of the area of space around the besieged planet. I am certain that there is still a lot of turmoil and fighting going on, but the 13th Black Crusade was a Chaos Victory.

Cadia is not dead, but it's in very, very rough shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/13th_Black_Crusade
The Thirteenth Black Crusade began in 999.M41, and resulted in the largest mobilisation of both Imperial and Chaotic forces seen since the Horus Heresy. In this campaign at least one Blackstone Fortress was destroyed by Necron raiders as they were designed to destroy the C'tan.

The Thirteenth Black Crusade was the background to the worldwide Warhammer 40,000 Eye of Terror campaign, which resulted in a minor victory for the forces of Chaos and gave Abaddon a foothold in the Cadian Gate, though he suffered grevious losses to his fleet.

While the ground is largely controlled by the forces of Chaos, the skies above Cadia are almost entirely ruled by Admiral Quarren and the entire Battle Fleet Groups: Gothic and Solar and elements of several chapters of Space Marines, leaving the results open as the battle rages on. Having both space and air superiority gives a significant advantage to the Imperial forces, allowing the deployment of fresh troops and the bombardment of Abaddon's army.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2009, 02:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindgobble Witherfume
At the end of the 13th Black Crusade, Cadia was ground to rubble. Chaos Forces have gathered a strong foothold on the planet it's self, but the Imperial Navy managed to wrestle control of the area of space around the besieged planet. I am certain that there is still a lot of turmoil and fighting going on, but the 13th Black Crusade was a Chaos Victory.

Quote:
The Thirteenth Black Crusade began in 999.M41, and resulted in the largest mobilisation of both Imperial and Chaotic forces seen since the Horus Heresy. In this campaign at least one Blackstone Fortress was destroyed by Necron raiders as they were designed to destroy the C'tan.

The Thirteenth Black Crusade was the background to the worldwide Warhammer 40,000 Eye of Terror campaign, which resulted in a minor victory for the forces of Chaos and gave Abaddon a foothold in the Cadian Gate, though he suffered grevious losses to his fleet.

While the ground is largely controlled by the forces of Chaos, the skies above Cadia are almost entirely ruled by Admiral Quarren and the entire Battle Fleet Groups: Gothic and Solar and elements of several chapters of Space Marines, leaving the results open as the battle rages on. Having both space and air superiority gives a significant advantage to the Imperial forces, allowing the deployment of fresh troops and the bombardment of Abaddon's army.
I see... Thank you for your help. It has been dearly appreciated. Hope Cadia, whatever is left it and its people, get back in shape soon. ;D

Blarg, I'm a penguin! 8D

Old 21 Oct 2009, 13:16   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindgobble Witherfume

Quote:

No, that is an Imperial Victory. Chaos lost, why? They have no supply ships, they will run out of ammunition, they can amass no formations whatsoever, they are reduced to relying upon the Alpha Legion to do any real fighting.

Imperial Victory, they rule the skies, they can bring in a nearly unlimited amount of troops.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2009, 13:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I realize, that The Navy will be able to turn things around in the end. But, the campaign results was a chaos victory.

Seems like the link broke in the quote. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/13th_Black_Crusade

Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2009, 17:28   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

They are wrong.

I don't care what GW says on this issue, all things considered, the Imperium won.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote