Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Sorry can't hear you over the engine, uh Sir
Old 13 Oct 2009, 09:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Sorry can't hear you over the engine, uh Sir

I'm putting together a mechanized list & I just realized that one reason I took Bastonne (extra order) is null & void. So I gotta ask has anyone run him in mech lists to any real effect?

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2009, 16:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to AfrikA Send a message via Yahoo to AfrikA
Default Re: Sorry can't hear you over the engine, uh Sir

I used him with a squad mounted in a Valk. they jumped out next to a land raider, and he gave the "take it down" order so they could twin link their melta guns. That's the only game I used him in, it was pretty useful.

"This plan is so perfect it's retarded."
AfrikA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2009, 22:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hmm. Very nice point. I may end up giving his transport to someone else & tossing him in the Valkyrie.

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2009, 04:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Best use of seen of Bastonne was in a Kill Team game, he was pretty good in that. If you want an armor commander, take Pask. He makes nasty IG tanks, even nastier.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 04:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCmdrTyler
Best use of seen of Bastonne was in a Kill Team game, he was pretty good in that. If you want an armor commander, take Pask. He makes nasty IG tanks, even nastier.
that doesn't really help : care to elaborate? i thought kill team was removed from the game?
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2009, 16:33   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

No, kill team was removed from the rulebook, you can still do whatever the hell you want with games!
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2009, 02:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It does get on my goat a bit that if something isn&#39;t emblazoned on a neon sign and taped to peoples eyelids they assume it no longer exists...

not having a go at anyone here of course
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2009, 02:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar Hagrid
It does get on my goat a bit that if something isn&#39;t emblazoned on a neon sign and taped to peoples eyelids they assume it no longer exists...

not having a go at anyone here of course
well, if its taken out of the book then technically it doesn&#39;t exist any longer. if this person was using a different set of rules, thats a different story, because how am i supposed to know that he is playing a remade version of kill teams? if he is playing using the old rules, then vehicles are not allowed, which i am assuming this character is like a vehicle upgrade? even if it isn&#39;t he is a commander, and they are not allowed in kill teams. so then he is playing a different version, and therefore would have no idea how that applies to the question at hand because it probably is very much different than a regular game of 40k.

Old 27 Oct 2009, 02:58   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

You do raise fair points, but there&#39;d be ways to work around it especially easy in a mates game which is what it would be if not a completely current game system...BUT I don&#39;t know everything :P I&#39;m just saying in a friendly manner that it&#39;s a bit narrow

Anyways probably best we get back on topic!
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2009, 03:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar Hagrid
You do raise fair points, but there&#39;d be ways to work around it especially easy in a mates game which is what it would be if not a completely current game system...BUT I don&#39;t know everything :P I&#39;m just saying in a friendly manner that it&#39;s a bit narrow

Anyways probably best we get back on topic!
well, we are talking about how the character itself being applied to a game that has been removed from the rule book. not how the kill team could be incorperated into 5th edition.

yes, lets continue. too bad i don&#39;t know anything about this fellow