Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

guardsmen on Terra
Old 09 Oct 2009, 19:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default guardsmen on Terra

ok

so i was just wondering whether Terra would be guarded by marines, or an army of guardsmen?

it does say the people of Terra are scared by marines...so presumably they wouldn't garrison it, although, tbh, i'd feel much safer with an army of 7ft tall power armoured super soldiers around that random joe guardsmen
reading it again, it says that much of Terra's defences are on the moon (luna on lexicanum)?, so presumably, the bases would be there too?
thats it

reading about Terra on lexicanum, apparently its a vast urban sprawl, with much of the landscape being quite barren (eg no trees) mostly desert/wasteland by the sounds of it...

so if Terra is protected by guardsmen, would their camo be some sort of ceremonial thing, or a camo to represent the terraign on Terra?
Old 09 Oct 2009, 20:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: guardsmen on Terra

Well, the Imperial Fists are based on Terra, I would think there are loads of Guard Regiments there, (maybe left out by GW so we could make them up?) - Because you wouldn't want to leave the God-Emperor unprotected would ya? :P On the other hand, you do have his faithful Custodians.

Luna has massive structures to defend Terra, so yeah, there are bases on there too, Luna also contained the facilities involved in the Primarch Project.

Terra is a massive Hive World, so everything we know today has gone, but in terms of their camo/ colour scheme, it's entirely up to you, I don't think there's an official colour scheme/ceremonial for Terran Guardsmen.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2009, 20:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

cheers , although i think the camo scheme would be based on the climate and surroundings of Terra. apparently, Terra is barren (save for the Himalayas) what i imagine would be sand coloured buildings everywhere... i dunno why, i just do , so i reckon it would be a sandy scheme, with lots of jagged camo patterns....

Luna, hmmm, if its anything like it is now (38000 years ago ) then its presumably white armour, with black cloth id imagine
Old 10 Oct 2009, 15:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

Terra had 100 Imperial guard regiments. After the Emperor brought all of Terra under control he kept 100 of the best regiments that fought in the unification wars. Some of them have since been lost or wiped out like the Geno 5-2 Chiliad but there's still at least a few left. Both the Byzant Janizars and Merican Fusiliers are elite Terran regiments that fought in the Macharian crusade. The Imperial Fists are only listed as having Terra as their homeworld because Dorn was never found on a world so one was never named. They travel everywhere though and acquire their recruits from dozens of different worlds. The Custodes are the only Astartes type unit on Terra as far as I know aside from perhaps inquisitorial troops.
Old 10 Oct 2009, 17:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

so a random joe army would fit fluff wise?

what about my idea on camo pattern?
Old 11 Oct 2009, 22:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

You could make pretty much any army you wanted as part of The Old Hundred, the only stipulation would be that they're elite. No conscript spamming and wasted bodies. Regiments from The Old Hundred ancient pre-heresy units and they're only commited to campaigns on the rarest occasions now. The camo pattern could be basically anything though as long as it follows in with the Regiment's theme. Also, since all these regiments date back to pre-heresy and pre-unification, remember that their names are going to be based on old countries and empires or on the rulers of those places and won't be like the Terran 32nd Dragoons or something. Lexicanum has a few of the 40k names for the old countries and cities listed in it's article and some of the other per-heresy fluff gives some details from pre-unification Terra you could draw influence from.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 16:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

maybe not like that, surely post unifacation and crusades etc etc, basically after everything that has happened , there is still a guard posting? i assume so.

i still reckon they would be elite though