Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Musings on the Imperial Guard
Old 04 Sep 2009, 12:48   #1 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Musings on the Imperial Guard

I dunno about you guys but I'm quite happy on how the new Imperial Guard Codex turn out. More choices, more firepower. I don't think I want anything else in the Imperial Guard Codex except the 'Hot-Shot' Lasguns. It should be called Hellguns and should have at most, Boltgun stats!
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2009, 14:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to AfrikA Send a message via Yahoo to AfrikA
Default Re: Musings on the Imperial Guard

I'm happy with it. Now I can at least use my Storm Trooper models and field them as Veteran Grenadiers, Storm Trooper squads still cost too much for too few special weapons.

Making veterans troops after cutting their cost, but still having the same punch as int he old codex is the best thing about the new codex for me. For 10 pts more than an old infantry squad you get BS4, the ability to take 3 special weapons, can have a heavy-flamer (have not seen that since the old Catachan Codex), and still have the ability to buy some doctrines (demo charges!). They can do it all, if geared for the job.

The inclusion of all the Forge World vehicles is just golden after the last Codex's dismal display of heavy support choices.

Elite choices in the new codex don't feel that elite, they just feel over priced. Veterans used to be the only Elites I used int he old codex, and now that they are Troops I don't bother with Elite units any more.

Some things just didn't change from 3'rd ed Codex. Ratlings still suck, rough riders are still under rated with no good models, and normal guardsmen are back to costing as much as in the first 3'rd Ig Codex.

"This plan is so perfect it's retarded."
AfrikA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2009, 06:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
I dunno about you guys but I'm quite happy on how the new Imperial Guard Codex turn out. More choices, more firepower. I don't think I want anything else in the Imperial Guard Codex except the 'Hot-Shot' Lasguns. It should be called Hellguns and should have at most, Boltgun stats!
NO.

Hellgun then complicates Inquisitorial Hellgun Rules.
Old 06 Sep 2009, 09:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Definatly, I'm very pleased with the codex. so far i have gone undefeated in 10 battles!! thi is unheard of for me!!