Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Bane wolf, and Devil dog?
Old 28 Aug 2009, 17:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Bane wolf, and Devil dog?

I was looking at the banewolf and the devil dog in particular and i was wondering weether anyone has had much sucess with these two as i have tried them on vassal but they just get destroyed before they are able to begin dealing damage.

Does anyone have any advice on how to use these two units effectively?
Old 28 Aug 2009, 18:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Bane wolf, and Devil dog?

The bane wolf certainly has its vitues... Perhaps use it to take out monsterous creatures. On tuesdy i saw one almost take out a wraithlord their wound on 2+ is very useful.

Devil Dog is also cool. With the melta cannon the opporunity to pop tanks from a considerable distance it means you can maintain a kill zone. Using the las guns and the tank in tandom.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 18:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

the devildog is the absolute bane of my forces at the moment. that meltacannon, combined with with a hull mounted multimelta means big trouble for anything in range. also its mounted on a fast and quite survivable chassis which is extremley annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2009, 19:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think one of my faults might be that I just rush it forwards without anything going with it as the rest can't keep up. The bane wolf is very useful against MCs butone thing I have tried is a veteran squad fully equipped with flamers and a chimera with all flamers that seems to do a good job but I am still deciding between the two.

Normally I will be switching between the devildog and the banewolf depending on the situation
Old 29 Aug 2009, 15:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to AfrikA Send a message via Yahoo to AfrikA

I use Creed and flank the enemy using a Banewolf or Hellhound, it works out great to catch units of infantry trying to sneak up on the sides of the table. It also a great way to counter enemy out flankers, by out flanking them with a banewolf.

"Lolz I flank you with a squad of Scorpions(eldar)."..."Where did that Banewolf come from? It must be the work of some sort of tactical gen...... CREEEEEEEED!"

"This plan is so perfect it's retarded."
AfrikA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2009, 20:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu

If I had a Banewolf, I wouldn't be going anywhere near a Wraithlord with it, I'd be MEQ hunting, seeing as a wraithlord can rip penetrate the front armour (12?) 35/36 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
LordZanuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2009, 23:05   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZanuu
If I had a Banewolf, I wouldn't be going anywhere near a Wraithlord with it, I'd be MEQ hunting, seeing as a wraithlord can rip penetrate the front armour (12?) 35/36 times.
If it did only have one wound left, hitting automatically and wounding on a 2+ would be very useful.

Also, I find the bane wolf to be most effective as you can move 12" fire the chem cannon AND the hull mounted weapon as the chem cannon counts as defensive. I find the best use for it is to speed 18" up a flank and then use it to target enemies of opportunity, especially isolated MEQ. This keeps your unit alive and will annoy the **** out of many opponents as it is very effective.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2009, 23:20   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to AfrikA Send a message via Yahoo to AfrikA

Too bad a Banewolf can't actually move 24" in one turn, since it's not a fast skimmer.

"This plan is so perfect it's retarded."
AfrikA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2009, 02:51   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Sorry, my bad still thinking 4th ed- I'll change my previous post.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2009, 10:21   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Fast Vehicle though.

18" move. Smoke
12" move and fire Chem Cannon (defensive) + Heavy flamer. AWESOME.

Devil Dog I have had relative success with.