Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Starting an IG Army
Old 18 Aug 2009, 06:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Starting an IG Army

I am looking for a new type of army, an i was bending towards Imperial Guard. I think the normal guard are okay, but im more interested in the Catchelen Jungle type of guard i think it is? I think the Jungle style warriors is cool, but is there anything i should know about them before i start collecting them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2009, 15:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy
Default Re: Starting an IG Army

you hit the jackpot pal. myself and JD are huge catachan players. maybe even the greatest ever. umm they are great because they are all plastic now. one thing is that catachans are generally non tank users, but that does not stop most people. another is that they generally use lots of assualt weapons with a great deal of favor towards flamers. any other questions?

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
wonderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2009, 21:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

basicaly, catachans are exatly the same as regular cadians or vostryoans or death korps. theres no special rules and they have the same stats, its just a choice of models
field marshel R Ironballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2009, 09:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Well i sorta like the style, and my experiences with an ork Deff Dread has turned me off metal models :P so i think id love them if they are all plastic. Um my ideal army would be lots and lots of jungle fighters, as well as an annoyingly large amount of sentiels. (btw i havent grabbed the codex yet, are sentiels fast attack? id guess they were but arent sure - also how many points are they roughly?)

um vehicle wise i might have 1 tank per 1000 points, and put some mad camo pattern on it. im not gonna be like heavy on tanks lol. is that an alright approach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2009, 10:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Sentinals are fast attack and they are very cheap. you can field up to nine for around 400points. Having a tank or two is fine as long as you don't have too many as that wouldn't be catachan. i would advise converting the tank with dozer blades and other 'mobility' items to show it uses alot of difficult ground.