Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

stormtroopers and frfsrf
Closed Thread
Old 15 Aug 2009, 20:59   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default stormtroopers and frfsrf

when i use storm troopers in my games i usually use them as marine killers or for other heavily armed encounters so i usually give them the order first rank fire second rank fire to mop up the threat and apparently this is some what a topic of concern whether or not they can take this order and from what i can tell their is nothing that says that I can't all it says is that you use it on a single none vehicle unit in his command radius. but maybe i cant and i'm missing something ??? please let me know i just hope i haven't won my last two games by cheating.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 21:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: stormtroopers and frfsrf

[quote ]
...if the enemy is 12" away models firing lasguns may shoot three shots instead of two...
[/quote]

Sorry dude, I think you've been cheating, only lasguns (not hot shot lasguns) can benifit from FRFSRF, nor can plasma, melta or any other weapon.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 22:46   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

:-\ wow their going to get me on that. well i guess ill need a new tactic thank you thou.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 23:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

No problem, one idea though, give the command squad you originally used to issue the order 3 or 4 plasmaguns, since your within 12" you won't have a problem supporting your stormtroopers and offering the extra firepower they need to wipe out the squad.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 01:27   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Good idea I will have to give that a shot.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 14:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I dissagree with that one, I read the rule as allowing all lasguns, frfsrf the hot shot is still a lasgun just turned up, its still the same weapon syestem. i would also argue that this is the reason that hell guns were changed to ho shot lasguns, simply for this rule
Old 16 Aug 2009, 15:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Check the weapons summary chart in the back of your dex, "Lasgun" is a specifically defined piece of wargear with a particular statline. When they say lasgun they mean lasgun, not "category of laser related weaponry." It's the same way Sternguard can't use their special ammo in stormbolters, bolt pistols, or heavy bolters.
I can't believe games workshop are really that unorganised. The DE codex looks like it was made back in 1970 and yet they're more worried about making sure the space marines are walking around in diamond coated power armour and shooting tyranids with sequin covered bolters
Old 16 Aug 2009, 18:05   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

And my problem continues the codex is so vague that this argument could go either way so i guess the debate goes on
Old 16 Aug 2009, 19:51   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

There is no "debate".

We have had this matter addressed in previous editions of various rulesets, usually with Space Marines - various rules have existed that grant special abilities to "Bolters". This does not include Heavy Bolters, Storm Bolters, Combi-Bolters or Hurricane Bolters unless specifically stated otherwise.

As such, FRFSRF only works on "Lasguns". Not "Any weapon similar to a Lasgun". If it isn't called Lasgun (and only Lasgun) it doesn't apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 16 Aug 2009, 21:08   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

With the way rules are set up, you really have to be able to cut and paste words. The ONLY way you could conceivably have a debate about FRFSRF on HS lasguns is if "hot-shot" was a special rule for Storm trooper lasguns.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Closed Thread