Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rough rider conversions
Old 08 Aug 2009, 23:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Rough rider conversions

ive always wanted to play rough riders, but the models suck majorly, so i want to try to convert some space marine scout bikers but i dont know where i can get lances from, any ideas?
field marshel R Ironballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Aug 2009, 02:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Rough rider conversions

FW ones are awesome.

Tallarn ones arn't bad.

Use Empire outriders with bretonian lances if you want horses. Or Maruder horsemen javelins.

Old 09 Aug 2009, 02:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Use brass rods for the lances, and work up some bitz for the explosive tips.
Old 09 Aug 2009, 03:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I use chaos marauder horsmen, the forge world ones are seriously cool though, I wish I could afford them.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Aug 2009, 10:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

you could simply use anything long enough, banners or anything for the lance and add a good tip on it. or as said, brass rods
Old 09 Aug 2009, 10:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon
I use chaos marauder horsmen, the forge world ones are seriously cool though, I wish I could afford them.
Really?

They arn't that expensive. I don't know why everyone has this beef that FW is so overpriced. Really, its just a few bucks more than a GW kit.
Old 09 Aug 2009, 10:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie
Quote:
Really?

They arn't that expensive. I don't know why everyone has this beef that FW is so overpriced. Really, its just a few bucks more than a GW kit.

lol, and by each price rise, the reason to buy FW insteed grows larger and larger!
Old 09 Aug 2009, 12:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

There is a very small segment on the starwars - 3rd episode that shows republic clone troopers riding what looks like a 2 legged bikes. the legs are reverse jointed - AT-ST style.

This is what I think the most awesomest rough rider coversion would be. However, I just don't see a good way to do it.
Knight Actual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Aug 2009, 13:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm working on a squad of rough riders as we speak. I'm using the the SM scout bikes and biker legs with an IG body and weapons... as for the hunting lances I'm saying they are given enough NOS to ma a massive charge ONCE.

Just using a bit of imagination
Old 09 Aug 2009, 13:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie
Quote:
Really?

I live in Canada, with the Euro almost twice our dollar + shipping and handeling + the number of rough riders I would want, it can get really expensive. I got the renegade militia conversion set (arms and bodies) and it cost me over 50$ (canadian).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris the Original
I'm working on a squad of rough riders as we speak. I'm using the the SM scout bikes and biker legs with an IG body and weapons... as for the hunting lances I'm saying they are given enough NOS to ma a massive charge ONCE.

Just using a bit of imagination
That would be very cool, I always like the conversions with a rough rider on a bike.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote