Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Guard orders ?
Closed Thread
Old 13 Jul 2009, 02:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Guard orders ?

If I'm reading this right. You can use orders on any infantry unit. So I should be able to use the orders on sisters or greyknight allies. If so I can use faith and orders.
Old 13 Jul 2009, 04:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Guard orders ?

Well nothing in RAW says you can't....

damn...
Old 13 Jul 2009, 08:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I don't see why not. They're all in the Imperium, and and officer is an officer to everyone, not just those in the same service as him.

Old 13 Jul 2009, 11:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Interesting. That means I can reroll cover saves with my vindicator. Better yet now I think I'll put creed in my army now. I can give my sisters furious charge and give them 2+ faith. That means serepham at int 7 Str 4 attacks. Also greyknights will be int 5 str 7 on a charge. That's way to good for me not to take. Also with captain al'rahem I can shoot with my greyknights and give them fleet basickally. Wow I'm going to do some revamping. Vindictor can make you reroll that cover save sweet.
Old 13 Jul 2009, 13:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well this is a classical rule abusement imo

If one reads in the beginning, it says in the "fluff" that the ranks of the imperial guard are not trained to think independantly, but relying on their officers for guidance.

But then again this is the "fluff" of orders.
Later on it says in the rule section that any non-vehicle friendly unit can be issued orders.

With captain al'rahem combined with his Like the wind rule, makes his allies extreemly powerful. Example is grey knights who dont have a cheap transport (rhinos). Now a unit or two can get fleet of foot and still shoot.

I would be careful when combining in this matter. Some people might not really like these "loop holes" as much as the controlling player.
These rules, what I think, are made for Imperial guard. Bare this in mind.

It's just a game... have fun!
Old 13 Jul 2009, 13:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

RAW, allowed. RAI, likely not. I fail to see why Sly Marbo can't receive orders yet an Inquisitor Lord can.

Should we ever receive new Inquisition codex/es, it'll likely be handled there specifically.
[hr]
Old 13 Jul 2009, 14:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah I just noticed it yesturday talking to other gamers. I couldn't play in ard boys cause of work. But I currently running a sister army with inducted guard with greyknight allies. Someone mention would faith and orders work togher. I looked it up and currently it does. As my army stands I can't use special char and really don't mind. But seeing all but two armies being guard I think I'll go back to work on my tzeench daemon army with khorne or slaanash. Hell I think the psychic choir and calladius combo is far worse than greyknight with furious charge or fleet of foot.
Old 13 Jul 2009, 16:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

There is a lot of great things you can do with orders. Be aware though that special characters are expensive, and you should also be careful about how much cheese you grate over your list. For 'ard boyz type games I would say go for it, just be careful. A lot of people are still new the the guard and therefor are a bit over sensitive when it comes to the new stuff that they weren't aware of.

Just last Thursday I had a Chaos player accuse me of cheating because my Valkyrie used it's scout move to zoom across the table and on my first turn I moved it (and it's meltagun-wielding vet squad inside) close enough to his Land-raider to threaten it.

Old 13 Jul 2009, 17:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm not worried about it. I just like being informed and letting people know it's out there. I've seen to many guard band wagoness for me to start building my daemon army. It's kinda boring to see the same army fight. Pretty sad I haven't seen a marine army in the tournament. It was all guard 1 tyranid and 1 Orc. So I'm pretty much doing the witchhunter army with allies.
Old 13 Jul 2009, 20:49   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

fluffwise i can't see why the inquisition or sisters/GKs would take orders from any IG. its like SM taking orders from IG, which would not happen. gamewise its fully allowed this far and, why not use it!