Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Training Recruits for the army
Old 10 Jul 2009, 18:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Training Recruits for the army

Ok. Guys and gals. I'm still working on my guard list. Originally I was gonna do a true imperium list with greyknights and sisters. Than I decided to try to do a deepstrike chem inhailer list. But the new guard codex and rereading the inqusition rules several times I realized I can have guard as my parent list with greyknight and sister allies.

With the ideal I orginally had I was gonna do a mix of 1/3 of each in the army. Now I've decided to do mostly guard. So this is my ideals so far.

Hq
Well I'm gonna use the hq inquisitor with mystics, vet guard, and sages. This will give me xtra fire power and allow me to fire on models that decide to deep strike on me.

Gonna use all 3 advisors for slow reserve deployment for my enemy and quick deployment for me. Also the ordance isn't a bad ideal. I'm thinking carapace armor a medic and everyone in a chimera with hvy stubber, hvy bolter, and multi laser.

Elites
Greyknight terminators- nuff said

Pschic choir- I don't know. I think these guys are a huge fire magnent. The plus side is they can easily get squads to run off the table. Also with the calidius assassin you can insta kill flame template anything. But I am not a fan of guard having these psykers. So I probably not gonna use them.

Callidus- I'll would be insane not to use. The problem is I'll have to use a witchhunter iq which would mean no mystics or psy cannon or drop the
daemon hunters. I'm leaning towards a wh iq. I can move models. Kill models
with a 3 invul save. Very effective against the new terminators.

Troops
Sisters- very good shooting against anything. The allocating hits hurt them slightly with the ap 1 shots. I may use two squads but I may use only one. I'll also have the girls in a rhino as well.

Veterans- I thinking two squads with 3 plasma guns in a chimera. May do plasma pistols too and may add xtra armor. Depends on points.

Troop squads- I'm looking at using two of them. Platoon hq with 4 meltas in
chimera while I have 4 squads with mortars and grenade launchers.

Fast
Sentinels- 1 flame, 1 multi in one squad. And 1 auto cannon in another squad. Squad one will be anti troop. While squad two will try to kill tanks with rear armor shots.

Vendetta- I may feild one for anti tank and to put my iq hq inside.

Hvy
1 regular leman russ maybe two. If I have the points to spare I'll have one with plasma sponsons while the other would have hvy bolter sponsons.

Well this is my list I'm working on so far. I just have to get 1 more battle force box, 3 chimeras, and get the advisors than I'll be done.

I'm always looking for input. So I may add or take away depending on what is said.
Old 10 Jul 2009, 19:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Training Recruits for the army

An interesting start but if you're taking allied Inquisition forces you're limited to a 0-1 Elite choice from each codex. The way around that, which I think you're using, is choices from both Codeci as you mentioned. But in that case you're only able to take the Grey Knights OR the Callidus and unfortunately not both. The only problem is your selection.

Your HQ is obviously a DH Inquisitor as your giving him mystics. This however limits, as per FAQs, that your elite Assassin has to come from the DH codex as well. This eliminates your ability to add the Grey Knight's to the list. If you want the Callidus and the Grey Knights your HQ Inquisitor will need to be a Witchhunter freeing up your list to take an Elite Witch Hunter Callidus and then and Elite squad of Grey Knights.

But you don't want to know what he does with his left...
Twiggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2009, 22:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

if IG is the parrent codex, you cant use ONLY a inquisitor for HQ, you MUST use a IG HQ aswell. and i dont think you can use Both sisters and grey knights. if im not mistaken you can only ally one of the two codexes to a IG/SM army at the same time.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 00:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

1. I'm using the three advisors so I'm using a guard command hq.
2. I realize that I have to use a wh(witch hunter) inquisitor to feild both callidus and terminators. I just prefer the daemon hunter inquisitor.
3. I reread both books and both FAQ. You're not limited in using only just daemonhunter or witchhunter allies you can take both with restrictions. Army builder allow both and I play at two stores that host ard boys say it's fine. I have this argument a lot.
4. I'm not taking inducted guard or allied marines. Hell with guard as the parent army it should be more acceptable.

Remember this is an army in the works. I'm looking to see what I should add or take away. I'm gearing for an 1850 list and I don't think I can add all that. For 2000 it would all fit.

I always wanted to do an imperium list. With all three armies. If you think it's illegal than prove it with some facts and not with an opinion, hunch, speculation, or guess.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 11:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

i might have missunderstood the allying. i was probably thinking about using a DH or WH codes as parrent, in that case you could only induct guard OR marines, or the other inquisitor faction of course. my mistake
Old 11 Jul 2009, 21:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
2. I realize that I have to use a wh(witch hunter) inquisitor to feild both callidus and terminators. I just prefer the daemon hunter inquisitor.
3. I reread both books and both FAQ. You're not limited in using only just daemonhunter or witchhunter allies you can take both with restrictions.
You can definately take from both codeci which is great and the crux of your unit selection. The WH Inq's and the DH Inq's are virtually indistinguishable except for a few differences. Sure you'll lose the mystics or a psycannon weapon option but it is still a good unit to add to your army.

But you don't want to know what he does with his left...
Twiggen is offline   Reply With Quote