Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Recommend me a new army setup.
Old 02 Jul 2009, 22:30   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Recommend me a new army setup.

I bought a crap load of new IG stuff today.

I've got a battleforce x2, Cadian Shock Troops x2, two Stormtrooper squads and two HQ's (Yeah, I don't know why I got two. Reserves if I lose the first one, perhaps? ).

Go ahead, make your creativity run amock.
Cyreidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2009, 00:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Recommend me a new army setup.

did you buy the codex ;D
Old 03 Jul 2009, 09:30   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masnagj
did you buy the codex ;D
I've had it for two years, mate.
Old 03 Jul 2009, 10:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to bloodfire

Do you have the new codex too? Since it was released may this year.

As for suggesting it might be useful to know what you have besides the battle force's storm troopers and HQ's (am I correct in thinking that these are the command squad boxes)

It might also be useful to know which battle force you bought the new or the old one.
But Isn't it funny to think that guard might be able to copy eldar tactics slightly?
You mean "Perform Eldar tactics better than Eldar", right? :P
Not unless the Eldar have an obscure Warrior Aspect that revolves around the complete mastery of the common light bulb.
Infected by Skaven
bloodfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2009, 14:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Threads like these always make me wonder a bit.
The opening poster has just spent hundreds of dollars to purchase these models. Then, he will spend hundreads of hours assembling, cleaning and then painting his models. Afterwards, he will spend hours playing with these models. Why does the OP not want any influence over something that he paid good money for, and will have to live with?

Also, Cyreidel, open ended questions like this are really difficult to answer. You have two command squads, which means you have access to several special weapons. This opens your doors a bit. Do you want your troop choices to be composed of infantry platoons, or veterans, which can take 3 special weapons each?

You have a minimum of 6 heavy weapon squads, many more with conversions. Do you want these to be found in your squads, or seperatly in heavy weapons squads?

Your only vehicles are the two sentinels that come with your two battleforces. You need to decide, do you want heavy armour, or perhaps no armour at all? Leman Russ' are invaluable in my opinion. So I'd recommend you purchase one. Maybe exchange one of your stormtrooper squads for one.

Anyways, there's some food for thought, think it over, post what you'd like, and then people would be happier to help!
Old 03 Jul 2009, 14:18   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftercresent
Threads like these always make me wonder a bit.
The opening poster has just spent hundreds of dollars to purchase these models. Then, he will spend hundreads of hours assembling, cleaning and then painting his models. Afterwards, he will spend hours playing with these models. Why does the OP not want any influence over something that he paid good money for, and will have to live with?

Also, Cyreidel, open ended questions like this are really difficult to answer. You have two command squads, which means you have access to several special weapons. This opens your doors a bit. Do you want your troop choices to be composed of infantry platoons, or veterans, which can take 3 special weapons each?

You have a minimum of 6 heavy weapon squads, many more with conversions. Do you want these to be found in your squads, or seperatly in heavy weapons squads?

Your only vehicles are the two sentinels that come with your two battleforces. You need to decide, do you want heavy armour, or perhaps no armour at all? Leman Russ' are invaluable in my opinion. So I'd recommend you purchase one. Maybe exchange one of your stormtrooper squads for one.

Anyways, there's some food for thought, think it over, post what you'd like, and then people would be happier to help!
Actually, I have the old Battleforce's, which came with a Leman Russ, so I have two of those.

Anyways, I'l think of something, than I'l post here.