Warhammer 40K Forum

Stormsword weapons
Closed Thread
Old 26 Jun 2009, 19:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu
Default Stormsword weapons

Hi everyone,

I was looking throught the Apocalypse data-sheets for the Super-Heavy tanks released earlier this year, when I came across the Stormword (the one with the hugely powerful, short-ranged gun for those who don't know).

It says that for X points you can replace the Heavy Bolters on the sponsons with more lascannons, so that the vehicle has 4.
It also says that you can give the tank an extra 2 sponsons for Y points.
My main point: So does this mean that you can give the vehicle 8 lascannons for an additional Y+2X points?
So that would a reasonably number of points for a tank with 8 lascannons, a stormsword cannon and a TL heavy bolter?

- LordZanuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 19:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Stormblade weapons

I assume you are talking about the Stormsword as the Stormblade (Plasma Blastgun armament) is a Forgeworld release rather than one of the variants available in the plastic box set.

If you notice, the sponson comes with a Heavy Flamer and a twin-linked Heavy Flamer/Bolter. It is the non-twin-linked Heavy Flamer that can be replaced with a Lascannon as no mention is made to allow you to replace the twin-linked one.

Also, with regards to the additional set of sponsons, they again come with twin-linked Heavy Flamers/Bolters so cannot be upgraded. However, they do come with a Lascannon on top as standard.

Overall, you can have 4 Lascannons, but not more than that. The reference to 'both Heavy Flamers on its sponsons' is in reference to the Heavy Flamer on top of the right sponson as well as the Heavy Flamer on top of the left sponson.
[hr]
Old 26 Jun 2009, 19:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

No, i mean the stormsword.
You can give it an extra 2 sponsons, so that makes 4. So that's 4 lascannons. You can upgrade the Heavy Bolters/Flamers to lascannons for +X points, so could you purchase that upgrade twice, once for each pair of sponsons?

Quote:
Old 26 Jun 2009, 19:56   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

The Sormblade has lascannons as basic equipment on its sponsons and not heavy flamers- you're still getting confused between veichles
PS delete the Lascannons points cost
Old 26 Jun 2009, 19:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

This is the Stormblade. In its rules, most recently located in Imperial Armour: Apocalypse, it has no provision for additional sponsons.

The Stormsword is able to be made from this plastic kit. In its rules, available for download from the GW website, allow it to have up to four Lascannons as I've mentioned in my previous post. The upgrade allowed does NOT refer to the twin-linked Heavy Flamers, only the Heavy Flamers on top of the sponsons.
[hr]
Old 26 Jun 2009, 20:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think i mean Stormsword, look at that datasheet and try and see what I'm on about. Sorry for confusion, I'm tired.

Quote:
Old 26 Jun 2009, 20:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZanuu
I think i mean Stormsword, look at that datasheet and try and see what I'm on about. Sorry for confusion, I'm tired.
Not only that, but GW has a very crappy naming scheme when it comes to super-heavies. Stormthis. Banethat, Thissword, Thatblade.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 21:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Stormsword weapons

In all of my previous posts I HAVE been looking at the Stormsword datasheet, despite your accidental name slip-up.

As mentioned previously, you cannot use the "A Stormsword may replace both heavy flamers on the sponsons with lascannons at +X points." phrase to replace the twin-linked Heavy Flamers. The word 'both' in that phrase refers to the fact that there are two Heavy Flamers, one on top of each sponson, to be replaced. Therefore your sponson can only be armed in one of the following ways;
  • Heavy Flamer, twin-linked Heavy Flamer
  • Heavy Flamer, twin-linked Heavy Bolter
  • Lascannon, twin-linked Heavy Flamer
  • Lascannon, twin-linked Heavy Bolter

With that in mind the additional sponsons, which come with a Lascannon and either a twin-linked Heavy Flamer/Bolter also cannot upgrade its twin-linked Heavy Flamer to a Lascannon.
[hr]
Old 27 Jun 2009, 14:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Sorry, i missed that bit. Thanks for the correction(s). I think we're finished here.
Locky?

Quote:
Old 27 Jun 2009, 17:10   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Locked on request. If anyone needs this reopened, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Closed Thread