Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Valkyrie info
Old 25 Jun 2009, 04:25   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Valkyrie info

So play my second game ever today with a partner (I played tau, partner was tau) and we played against guard.
Once piece of advise that someone gave me is that if something seems to good then it probably is.
For the Valkyrie if it moves flat out it takes a 6 to hit it with ANYTHING? (hammerheads, Broadside, Missile Pods, etc)
It can carry multiple squads? He dropped two groups of 6 stormtroopers I think they were
And can you explain the penal colony guardsmen? They get a lot of upgrades it seems and the guy says they don't cost anymore, they are just guardsmen.
Drakkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2009, 04:31   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Valkyrie info

Quote:
For the Valkyrie if it moves flat out it takes a 6 to hit it with ANYTHING? (hammerheads, Broadside, Missile Pods, etc)
You still use your BS to hit it. When they go Flat-Out, they just get a 3+ Cover Save.

Quote:
It can carry multiple squads? He dropped two groups of 6 stormtroope rs I think they were
Nein. It can only carry ONE unit at a time. But it can carry up to 12 models except Ogryns.

Quote:
And can you explain the penal colony guardsmen? They get a lot of upgrades it seems and the guy says they don't cost anymore, they are just guardsmen.
Ok, they can either make their Lasguns into Assault Weapons, have Counterattack, Furious Charge and Fleet or have Rending Attacks. However, this is random and rolled before the Deployment Phase. They can Scout as well as they're Stubborn. But they're still humans thus S3, T3 and 5+ Armor Save as well as comes in squads of 10 only.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2009, 04:43   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Some more questions, can units start inside of it? Does it get a scout move? Guardsmen are fearless?
Old 25 Jun 2009, 04:52   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Zenai already covered it a bit, but I think a bit more explanation could be useful. The 'need 6s to hit' was the "Skimmers Moving Fast" rule under 4th edition. Under 5th edition, it's was changed to what Zenai said (4+ cover save for moving flat out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkis
can units start inside of it?
Yes

Quote:
Does it get a scout move?
Yes

Quote:
Guardsmen are fearless?
Guardsmen are not fearless. However, a Commissar in the unit will make them Stubborn.

It definitely sounds like the guys you played with don't understand the rules, or were deliberately cheating.
Old 25 Jun 2009, 04:57   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for the info. The guy has been playing for awhile... just got abused is all cause I'm new. Thanks again.
Old 25 Jun 2009, 19:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkis
Thanks for the info. The guy has been playing for awhile... just got abused is all cause I'm new. Thanks again.
Theres never an excuse to do that - it's even worse if someone does it to you because you're new. People who cheat are more likely to cheat against those who would be unlikely to catch it or call them on it, especially new players, so this player is very likely a deliberate cheater.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 12:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine
Zenai already covered it a bit, but I think a bit more explanation could be useful. The 'need 6s to hit' was the "Skimmers Moving Fast" rule under 4th edition. Under 5th edition, it's was changed to what Zenai said (4+ cover save for moving flat out).
The 6's to hit in close combat is still the case for any vehicle going over 6". Skimmer just used to have that no matter what. "Skimmers Moving Fast" made all pens glances.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 21:10   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souchan
The 6's to hit in close combat is still the case for any vehicle going over 6". Skimmer just used to have that no matter what. "Skimmers Moving Fast" made all pens glances.
You're right, I got it mixed up - 6's to hit for shooting is an Apocalypse-only Flyer rule. That only applies in Apoc games, and only if the Valkyrie acted as a Flyer during the previous turn (GW has said in the June WD that they recommend giving the Codex Valkyries the Flyer rule for Apoc games rather than using the IA:A, or was it in basic Apoc?, data sheet... meh).