Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Vendetta sponsons
Old 24 Jun 2009, 15:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.
Default Vendetta sponsons

Can the Valkrye/Vendetta still fire its Heay Bolter sponsons if the squad in the back has gotten out? or do they have their own crew?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2009, 15:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Vendetta sponsons

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Can the Valkrye/Vendetta still fire its Heay Bolter sponsons if the squad in the back has gotten out? or do they have their own crew?
Models disembarking from a vehicle has no effect on what weapons the vehicle can fire.

How far the vehicle moves is the main thing that effects how many weapons you can fire
Old 24 Jun 2009, 16:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

The heavy bolter sponsons are fired by Valkyrie crewmembers.
As in, whether or not troops are on board, the weapons can be fired.
Old 24 Jun 2009, 16:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

ok, thanks very much guys. was just asking because the las guns on the back of the chimera can only be fired by the guys in the back, and wondered if the same rules apply. thanks again.
Quote:
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Old 24 Jun 2009, 16:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

That rule has changed too! Now, if a squad is being transported in a Chimera, 5 models from the squad may fire out of the top hatch and the lasguns have no effect now. (This means you can fire heavy and special weapons out of the top.)
Old 24 Jun 2009, 17:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

So the las guns on the hull arn't there anymore, and any weapon can be fired from the top? so a heavy weapons team can fire 3 Lascannons from the hatch? thats just a plain unreasonable amount of firepower for a transport.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 24 Jun 2009, 18:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

It has to remain stationary to fire heavy weapons though. Basically the transport is stuck moving at the same speed the infantry would have been, it just gives them a layer of protection from enemies firing back.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 22:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks for that mr jayne, your tau will love my lascannons in a chimera

EDIT: This post has been edited for Grammar and Spelling. Field Marshal R Ironballs: Please use the spell-check feature that the Admins have so kindly gifted us with to correct your spelling in the future. It places a thin red line below any questionable wording. (Please ignore in the case of names and jargon, it still doesn't know how to spell "Lascannon" for instance... )
Please note that one-liner posts that add little to the conversation are generally considered unacceptable, and moderators have been known to delete them without warning or explanation. I give some latitude to you because you are new, and am leaving this visible so that others can have the opportunity to learn from it.

With that unpleasantness out of the way: Welcome to Tau Online! Please take a moment to check out the Forum Rules, please drop a post in the Introduce Yourself Board and feel free to drop a PM to myself or any of the other Mods if you have a question.

Thanks,
Ged
field marshel R Ironballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2009, 09:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

i have no problems going against chimeras, the majority of my Anti vehicle weapons dont even notice its armour, and its a waste of a railgun shot to kill it, missilepods and seekers are more than adequate. I was merely concerend about a mobile lascannon team, which i would have thought most people would be. as it happens, you dont get a mobile lascannon team, you get a stationary one in a flimsy bunker.
Quote:
Quote: