Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Vendetta transport capacity
Old 20 Jun 2009, 14:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.
Default Vendetta transport capacity

How is it that the vendetta can carry as many troops as a Valkyrie? other models that exchange there weapons for lascannons lose out on a few seats, ie the land raider, capacity 10, take out the lascannons and make it into a crusader, transport capacity 16, and it is specifically stated that this is because there are no lascannon capacitors, surely the 3 vendetta Godhammers should take up some internal space?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2009, 15:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Vendetta transport capacity

[list type=decimal][*]Nowhere is it stated that the Vendetta uses "Godhammer' pattern lascannons. [*]Infantry-portable lascannons have smaller, portable power supplies.[*]The Razorback has to fit ammo feeds and turret rotation equipment, annexing some transport capacity.[*]Ergo, the Vendetta uses lascannons with small power supplies, possibly built into their mountings.[/list]
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2009, 15:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

I know I haven't really earned the right to argue with a mod, but some clarification would be appreciated.

I was under the impression that a Godhammer was simply any twin-linked lascannon. if it isn't then what is it?

The vendetta lascannons are vehicle mounted not infantry portable.

I concede the point on the razorback. Although my example was a Land Raider.

And why would the vendetta use smaller powerpacks? plus, surely any model with a smaller powerpack would have a less powerful weapon? infantry or vehicle mounted, a lascannon is the same strength and AP.

I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful. I'm just looking for a fair explanation.
Quote:
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
I know I haven't really earned the right to argue with a mod, but some clarificati on would be appreciated .
The ability to defend your position is not something you have to earn; in fact, it's expected that you do.

Quote:
I was under the impression that a Godhammer was simply any twin-linked lascannon. if it isn't then what is it?
In fluff, a Godhammer-type Lascannon is substantially more powerful than a regular Lascannon; Land Raider squadrons are capable of hunting enemy Titans and War Machines for this reason.

Quote:
The vendetta lascannons are vehicle mounted not infantry portable.
The fact that they are mounted on a vehicle does not preclude the possibility they could be the same type that are carried by foot soldiers. In fact, in 40k many vehicular weapons are simply fixed versions of their infantry counterparts.

Quote:
I concede the point on the razorback. Although my example was a Land Raider.
I brought up the Razorback because you mentioned that "other models that exchange there (sic) weapons for lascannons [...]".

Quote:
And why would the vendetta use smaller powerpacks?
Portability, limitations of the airframe, any number of reasons.

Quote:
plus, surely any model with a smaller powerpack would have a less powerful weapon? infantry or vehicle mounted, a lascannon is the same strength and AP.
Not necessarily; a smaller power supply could simply indicate a smaller ammunition capacity.

Quote:
I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectf ul. I'm just looking for a fair explanation .
No disrespect taken.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2009, 17:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Not sure aobut fluff reasons, but game reason is pretty simple. Guard units cannot take less than full squads in the new book, so making a varied transport capacity doesn't make sense from a game mechanic point of view.

Fluff-wise, could be lots of reasons, form they just have a more limited number of shots to it bieng relativly less powerful than the godhammer model lascannons. While they might not make much diffrence when it comes to your standard 40k game, it might be something to consider for the Apocolypse game table.
Spiritbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2009, 18:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

In those cases i guess it does make sense. thank you for explaining these things.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 22 Jun 2009, 22:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

smaller power packs and lighter weapon design is as fluffy as it can be when you consider its an Aircraft thats supposed to Fly. and the mounts and packs are on the Wings, not inside the transport space. simple