Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A new Guard Army
Old 19 Jun 2009, 18:28   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default A new Guard Army

Hey All. Having wrapped up my first guard Army, the 55th Romonovian, I decided to start a new this summer. It wouldn't be too competitive, as there are no other gamers nearby and I like the modeling and painting aspect better. But I have basically three ideas.

26th Romonovian Air Cav

I would be basing this army off an Air Cavalry theme, with heavy influences from the Vietnam-era United States Army, and movies such as "We Were Soldiers."

For the troops, I would mix and match Catachan and Cadian parts to get that basic look, with lots of extra gear and bits. The vehicles I would use would be converted Hueys with 40k bits and plasticard. There would be a jungle heavy paint scheme (Obviously).

17th Romonovian Mechanized Battalion

This army would be a mechanized desert reconnaissance detatchment, with heavy influences from both the WWII Afrika Korps and the Desert Rats. The soldiers would be Cadians with Kolony Militia heads:

I would, however, still use Chimeras and Leman Russes as usual.

206th Romonovian Mountain Division

This army would be a more typical Romonovian regiment. They would be a mountain regiment with a snow or alpine camo color scheme. I'm not as concrete with this idea, but I would conceivably use the Vostroyans as Storm Troopers, and these heads for the regular infantry:

I'm not quite sure what body would be best to use. I would prefer something easy and my sculpting skills are not advanced at all. Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated.

[hr]

These are just a few initial ideas. I would be happy to hear any feedback or other thoughts you guys might have. I've not had experience with the Pig Iron company, but they look to be roughly compatible with 40k scale. And they seem to fit the bill as far as these concepts go. Thanks for looking.
I'm certain that when I grow old I'll become probably conservative and my rebellious teenage children will rail against me for supporting the enslavement of animals classed as "pets" under a cruel regime of apartheid, and also think I'm a bigot cos I don't want to allow neo-cyborg lupine hyper sexual marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Scoutninja's 100% correct.

Scoutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2009, 19:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun
Default Re: A new Guard Army

an entire army of PIP miniatures.... Incredible... oh and go for the mechanized one just so you can use the Ironshield.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2009, 19:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm sorry, haha. You misunderstood. It would be using ONLY the Pig Iron heads on Cadian bodies.
I'm certain that when I grow old I'll become probably conservative and my rebellious teenage children will rail against me for supporting the enslavement of animals classed as "pets" under a cruel regime of apartheid, and also think I'm a bigot cos I don't want to allow neo-cyborg lupine hyper sexual marriage.
Quote:

Old 19 Jun 2009, 19:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I read that part but if your going to be using PIP stuff anyway, whhy not go for the ironshield? or the tank with that gatling gun.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Old 20 Jun 2009, 15:19   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

If you go for the alpine one you could convert lots of half track vehicles and snow mobiles as rough riders

maybe even use death korps with the greenstuff like this
http://z4.invisionfree.com/Boot_Camp...howtopic=10217

WE- Autumns White Orchid Glade - 100%
Empire- Ostermark Phoenix Legion- 20%
Minigiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:22   #6 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

All of them sounds good to me But factoring my own bias-ness, I say 26th Romonovian Air Cav. Play Flight of the Valkyrie while you're at it :P
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2009, 17:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Heck, I may just go for the 26th out of convenience. I'm painting up some test minis right now. It would be much easier to do the 26th. But I will probably go with the color scheme I like best.
Quote:

Old 20 Jun 2009, 22:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I want to see someone bringing nine valkyries playing flight of the valkyries. You'd almost have to cry for the beauty of it.